Bring back old school Hand of Guldan, please remove wild imps

I want to play demo spec but the wild imps that get summoned when I cast hand of guldan really turns me off. I want the old school hand of guldan where we summoned a bad as$ meteor from the sky and put the ground on fire. No wild imps disney $hit. Its really hard to take the spec seriously when I am surrounded by several disney looking imps. Please give us the old school badas$ hand of guldan. Oh and give us back the signature demo spec ability metamorphosis.

2 Likes

There are people that prefer current demo style which is bizarre to me xD

1 Like

People that prefer the current demo style are disney cartoon fans

You’re talking about WotLK Meta or Pandaria Meta?

Not talking about past gameplay. If we want past we can play Classic or Wotlk. I just want blizzard to remove wild imps mechanic from hand of guldan spell and make it like it was back in old school where we just summon a bada$$ meteor like a true powerful warlock. Wild imps make the spec feel like disney cartoon $hit. Also metamorphosis needs to come back as many powerful warlocks can transform themselves into demons according to the lore and the Warcraft chronicles books.

1 Like

In that case youre talking about mop/wod version of demonology (best spec imo)

1 Like

I always hated the aspect of playing as a demon master, and it doesnt help that the imps are positioned awfully and pull mobs during m+.
A warlock is suppose to want to gain more power for THEMSELF. Not make something powerful to do your damage.
The current only true warlock specs are destro and affi

In the past - Vanilla, TBC and Wrath Demo worked like you summon a demon - Imp/void/felhunter/felguard/succubus and first via talents you make them stronger, then in later talents you got buff from your demon - so it was a symbiosis between Demon and the warlock.

Why it worked in the past - first is that we had 95% of the time only one demon of our choice, because of that the damage output was concentrated around you and your demon. Because of THAT the impact of your damage was more tangible, you knew how and when you and your demon would do the damage.

In Wrath/Cata/Mop/WoD with the Meta the numerical output of the damage shifted towards your damage in Meta, and damage of your demon outside of the Meta. And Still most of the time it was a demonic duo of you and your demon who ran the show.

And now with all dreadstalkers, wild imps, Vilefiend, Tyrant, demons from Nether portal your gameplay is crowded with low impact demons who works more like a glorified DoT with the physical presence in the gameworld, and visual representation that most of the time feels like a visual noise rather than an aesthetically pleased “ARMY OF THE DEMONS”.

And to make things even worse, the main gameplay of the demonology is plagued with the delayed damage effects and damage outputs.

Pitlord from the Nether portal is summoned only after 15 secs when NP is closed - You press NP and the main damage source appears whooping 15 seconds later, it is 15 seconds late to be fun and meaningful.

Doom is useless for 15-19 seconds until it procs.

The whole gameplay of the demo feels disconected from the fun element of the game.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.