Bring back seasonal affix, but make it kiss-curse

As title says i want seasonal affix, but instead of the horrible thundering we got in S1 DF. I want seasonal affixes like the ones in SL, every single one was a cake (Other than prideful) walk and you got more power from it and made that season special as that type of seasonal affix prob would never return.

Seasonal affixes should be exclusive to bringing the player more powers to make it feel like a mini-lust, making it so you dont feel awful when you get to a tyrannical boss without lust and you sit there for 3-4mins slapping the boss.
And if the dev team canā€™t come up with new seasonal affixes just use the old ones that were liked alot!

I personally have stop playing because i have done heroic and gotten some 20s done but at this point, it just feels super boring. There is nothing unique or fun compared to S2 other than the tier-set, which i currently dont even like. Making the whole game not fun and unintresting. I dont even log in weekly, only monthly for the travlerā€™s log.

problem with affixes that temporarily increase your power like prideful is that you suddenly have to pull around that buff optimally which puts a lot more stress on the tank to know the best routes and all pulls. It becomes more like a math game rather than anything else which can be quite annoying.

A mechanic like thundering but on a random timer without the terrible punishment would be quite good.
I mean thundering would have been solid if it was designed slightly different.
ā€œFind your opposite match, then gain 20% dmg for 15s, if you donā€™t you wonā€™t get a dmg buff and thats allā€
curse mechanics just can ruin your run like thundering. There can be bad overlaps that you cannot foresee by designing the curse and thus making it tedious and annoying again.

Just make it kiss but with a condition, but no curse.

"I would like to make the M+ runs even easier, they are not easy enough. Yesterday I ran a +13 and three chested it with only alts that have dinged level 70, just 30 minutes before the run.

But I should be able to do a +17 with those characters!!"

So how about no? This game mode is getting easier every season. And of course the only difficulty is that at one point, avoidable damage just one-shots you through defensives. Which is ā€œqualityā€ design.

Yes, kindly return the seasonal affix, no, donā€™t make it a kiss and curse, let it only increase the difficulty (equal to 1-2 key levels).

The only requirement from my side is it to be as interesting as BfA S4.

So you want to have affixes that makes dungeons easierā€¦ Gotcha ā€¦

Personally I am fine with no seasonal. You get a new dungeon pool every season, thatā€™s good enough for me. I prefer it in fact.

I would say the tuning of keys needs looking at.
Feel like HP and dmg scaling should be separate, so HP scales faster than dmg.
As we see right now, it becomes a one shot fiesta rather than you donā€™t have the dmg to time a key anymore.

1 Like

I was talking with some friends about ā€˜why M+ is quite boring nowā€™ last night, and the lack of a seasonal affix came up. We reminisced fondly about the fun we had with seasonal affixes in the past and about how much more enjoyable some of them made keys. (We were divided on Prideful. I loved it because it made my job of tanking more interesting and challenging, but I was in the minority.)

A good kiss-curse affix doesnā€™t make dungeons easier by default. The dungeons need to be tuned around it to keep the difficulty appropriate for the key level.

This was my favourite affix by far because it changed up routes, especially when the affix mobs rotated between the spots each week. There were certain ones you wanted to avoid skipping because their mechanics were bad in combination with the last boss. (The blob that dropped crap on the floor with the last boss of Underrot being one that comes immediately to mind.)

Iā€™d like to see seasonal affixes make a comeback. I miss them. My one caveat is that the seasonal affix is the FIRST affix added and applies to all keys (fort/tyr are pushed upward) so thereā€™s no break point where keys suddenly become easier if you manage the seasonal affix well.

2 Likes

I would so much like this ! Like 100%.

Last night I went to try AD28ā€¦ and I find it ridiculous that I (and my whole party) had to check on an external web page if we would survive the soul-rend or get 1-shot. I find that dumb.

What I would like to see is a cap on damage. Instead HP of bosses and mobs would scale double as fast.

Im making up numbers, but imagine that right now, for every key level you get 10% extra damage and 10% extra HP. Well, after a 25, its 0% extra damage, and 20% extra HP.

So the limiting factor of a key, is actually doing the DPS required to time it. But keeping the damage acceptably high as to make the healers and tanks sweat. And sweat we would.

Because then we would have to min-max utility/damage on top of healing a 25. Which is an extra dimension of complexity.

Thats my ideal world at least.

I would like to just feel rewarded for doing things right. I feel like a gigachad when I can heal 20 stacks of bursting and nobody dies. I want a gigachad reward for thatā€¦ :slight_smile:

You probably deserve one. I havenā€™t met many healers who can do that.

Not entirely my skill though. The secret is: Dispel 1 person, and people pop defensives. Especially the tank. He is like a ā€œhealth batteryā€.

Then link + ascendance + cloudburst totemā€¦ pretty OP.

Also DDs stopped killing stuff to prevent a refresh of that debuf. Many healers can heal a lot of stacks of bursting. Its EZ if you go from 0 to 20 stacks, and you just have to ā€œhold onā€ for 3s until it expires.

Most wipes are because when there is 1s to expire the debuf, a thing dies and refreshes it to 21. Thats a wipe.

And then of course, good tanks will be aware of the effort it takes and wont do a giga-pul afterwards. He will wait until CDs refresh to do the next one.

Aye, thatā€™s what a good kiss curse effect should beā€¦ But the OP legit asked for the affixes back that made keys easier.

On the other side you had Prideful, where the benefit didnā€™t come close to what it should be in higher keys. Personally i think the best by far seasonal affix theyā€™ve ever had, was the S4 BFA one ā€¦

While ones like S3 SL were fun, because you had your CDā€™s all the time, it was utterly stupid, that ones that got added, keys just became easier.

My focus wasnt a easy seasonal affixes, just a seasonal affix that rewards you for doing it correctly in a impactful way.
Thrundering made you deal like 11% more dmg overall if you maximized it uptime, which is just awful.
If anything i want seasonal affixes that can make packs that were impossible to do be possible by either making you get DR or increased DPS/HPS, hence why i said ā€œmini-lustā€.
Currently you are bound by the lust timer to do insane pulls on fortified or being able to do tyrannical bosses, and if you do 1 fatal mistake in those moments you are just screwed for most of the part, that is what i want to get rid of.

Press revival :muscle:

All this getting a big cloudburst, popping ascendance, linking and leeching off the tank for HP is for losers!

/hides.

Although in fairness I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen 20 stacks. I saw 12 in EB that they extended to 13 at the last moment. Head met desk.

Not a fan of this person but this clip always cheers me up!

Umm

Soā€¦ You want affixes which reduce the overall difficulty of the dungeon. Lovely.

Im such a looserā€¦ :frowning: Cries in Riptidesā€¦ :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.