Bring Your Friends and Take Wing with the Dragonflight Expansion Trial

That’s Elias, claiming the game was better during tbc and wrath which… Do have seasonal gearing and multiple difficulty levels. See my points?

MMO’s aren’t that popular with the younger crowd, they want to swipe their phones and pop on for a quick-fix like Fortnite.

They are popular but at this point there isnt any proper mmo outside of classic on the market.

1 Like

We have been flying since 2007.

It’s so weird that they are making it the selling point gor the expansion.

Like I appreciate Blizzard trying to save the game and get some players in, but a “Free trial” requiring active game time is just a huge miss-step. I think players would try it out if this was not the case. Just make it shorter and absolutely free or give some in-game time limit.

I am really interested if somebody really buys game time just to decide if they want to spend more money or not, I highly doubt it.

You would have a better chance giving returning players a 1month free sub for retail specifically rather than this farce of a free trial where you cant even properly test dragonflight anyway given the level 60 limit.

Just give them a massive warning that any char above 60 after the trial will be locked so people should use an Evoker instead or their main after all if its a “well, either i like it or i quit forever again anyway” scenario.

Its actualy funny. Becouse thanks to fact your levels banks so you sit at lvl 60 while doing quests you just faceroll entire game becouse you actualy getting very strong as you still sit at lvl 60 so your stats are not getting nerfed but you get way stronger with gear upgrades. :smiley:

Its actualy easyer to level up this way to bank your levels than just buy expansion at max level. :smiley:

1 Like

Tbh if one has issues already during leveling then the issue lies elsewhere.

I don’t want my friends to hate me for making them suffer through this.

1 Like

Assuming those friends have gametime.

post edited.

The small print for this “free” trial is horrible: ***To progress beyond level 60 with your own character or the dracthyr Evoker, purchase of Dragonflight is required. Any experience earned after level 60 will be banked (up to level 70) and awarded after Dragonflight is purchased.
And the experience is horrible, you keep getting UI blocking messages that you need to upgrade because you are above lvl 60. I thought I would give dragon flight a try but the way this trial is setup made me stop playing after a couple of minutes.

1 Like

Yeah… what about something actually good for new players?
My other half is considering playing but this is just a push to buy the game while it’s on sale

Jumped in thinking I could actually try Dragonflight before deciding to buy it. But having a big fat UI in the middle of the screen the second you step into the new content is just a massive Let Down.
It would have been fine if it started showing up after - let’s say 65 or perhaps even a bit earlier. But immediately upon even starting this trial you’re told you have to buy dragonflight in order actually play. I bet this is a good and proper way to get the majority to go - “ah ok… well f this”

Just another case of the Corp heads up in blizzard shooting themselves in the foot, all in the pursuit of money.

Way to go.
Goodbye…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.