Budget Laptop for Dragonflight

So it finally happened, after 10 years of faithful service my Dell XPS 14Z is finally not able to open WoW anymore now that Dragonflight is imminent.

Obviously now means I need a new laptop for WoW. (Has to be a laptop unfortunately, I move around too much for work!) Preferably budget, like £500 and under sort of mark really.

The only game I play on PC is WoW (and the odd indie game) so it doesn’t need to be a beast, just something that can run WoW on low-to-medium settings, not set on fire, and doesn’t take a thousand years to load!

Any suggestions/recommendations?

TIA!

For that budget I would get this one

https://www.currys.co.uk/products/lenovo-ideapad-3-15.6-laptop-amd-ryzen-5-256-gb-ssd-blue-10240220.html

You can see here how well it performs in games

“Well”… :wink:
720P with low settings barely hitting 30 FPS…
I would not call that playable at all, but to each their own i guess.

I mean it will run Dragonflight on low settings for sure, but without a dedicated GPU you probably won’t enjoy it.
Also if you have to lower the resolution below native it will just look very pixelated and blurry.
Besides, that Lenovo is not meant for gaming current gen games.
8GB of RAM and 250GB SSD will also make it quite hard to run anything else except WoW and Windows on it :smiley:
My retail WoW Folder is already ~105GB without screenshots etc.

So if you just want to do some leveling and questing i guess it would do the job, but not if you want to raid or 40man BGs.

You can get a barebones PC with a halfway decent GPU for that kind of cash and plug it into your HD TV as a monitor - does it have to be a laptop?

Most of the laptops you buy retail are designed for office productivity - the integrated graphics don’t really cut it for gaming even at basic settings.

If it has to be a laptop I’d head over to eBay and try and find a used gaming laptop

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.