[BUG] Catalyst gave me the wrong item, got AI-generated GM responses

Hello,

I put a level 525 PVP item (epic world PVP shoulder) in the catalyst and received a level 463 PVE tier-set item (no increased item level in PVP).

I immediately opened a ticket, but the several responses I get from the supposed “GM” seem AI-generated, with very bad English (mostly language constructions that do not make sense). All of the responses start with “From what I understand…” followed by my original message, then followed by contradictory statements, for example “this is a known issue, you should report the bug on the forums”

I want to talk to a human, not ChatGTP, that’s why I’m opening this thread. Please whoever moderates the forum and reads this, ask the live game team to update the ID of the item I got from the catalyst to the correct one (with increased item level in PVP, not static 463 item level).

Thank you

Yes, the “preview” window of the catalyst was apparently wrong. This thread is not about whether or not it was my fault - it was not, it was a bug in the game that is already acknowledged.

The issue is about how to get compensation for those who already had the bug after it was hotfixed a few days later.

Hi Mewithoutyou,

I’m sorry to hear about this, but I’m afraid I can only confirm that Game Masters wouldn’t be able to manually modify or exchange any items.

If this was indeed caused by a bug it would be up to the developers to address for all affected items/players, though depending on the specifics this unfortunately isn’t always possible.

3 Likes

Thank you,

As much as I dislike the “message”, I’m grateful to have an honest, to-the-point human response instead of the AI-generated ambiguous and often meaningless replies I got from the so called “Game Master”, who might very well be a chat bot and not a real person.

I guess that’s life sometimes. Time to move on from this piece of gear then :smiley:

Wish you a great day

1 Like