Bug Report: Escape From Tol Dagor

I decided to try and unlock the allied races for my account, and I’ve ran into a big problem. I need to complete Horde campaign part 2 and I can’t because this damn quest is bugged. Through The Front Door triggers the “Escape from Tol Dagor” scenario which is impossible to complete. When I get to the part where I need to let out the prisoners for a distraction, the cells won’t open. It makes the error sound with no error text. If I abandon the quest and try again, it bugs to the point where I can’t even open Ashvane’s cell. This makes unlocking the Zandalari Troll completely impossible. I’ve tried it without addons multiple days on the run like my support ticket said to do, but nothing works. The most frustrating part is that I’m directed to report the bug on the US forums but that would mean I need to sub to the US game, and there’s a topic about it that got completely ignored. This is something that is seriously making me consider unsubbing, how can Blizzard be trusted when a main quest from one expansion ago doesn’t work at all? How many people tried to unlock the Zandalari troll and unsubbed because it’s impossible and you have to wait 10 days for a ticket to get a human response?

Update: I found out what the problem is. If you have the lockpicking skill from Maldraxxus it breaks the quest. Change your follower at the forge of bonds to one without the lockpicking skill and it will let you do the quest. This still should be fixed, and it’s been in the game since at least last year.

1 Like

I’m unfortunately running into the exact same issue. Very frustrating considering it’s the second-to-last questline to unlock the allied race.

I found out what the problem is. If you have the lockpicking skill from Maldraxxus it breaks the quest. Change your follower at the forge of bonds to one without the lockpicking skill and it will let you do the quest. This still should be fixed, and it’s been in the game since at least last year.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.