Bugged The Opening of the Dark Portal quest in Black Morass dungeon

I had a final Caverns of Time quest in Black Morass, in which you need to “Open the dark portal”, via defending Medivh. We had a scuffed run where mage sat AFK during the pre-last portal, which launched the summon of the last and caused 2 portals to open at the same time, after which the final boss has spawned. We killed the pre-last portal defender, but still wiped since the boss was pulled, but we quickly ressed and found that boss started to damage Medivh, but very slowly (about as quickly as the default dragonkin coming from a portal). We killed the boss, after which the last portal defender teleported out. My groupmates got the quest completed, but my own quest didn’t get completed (it counts not as fail and not as complete, like I just accepted it from the NPC). It would be sick to get the quest completed (not sure if it’s possible tho, I can attach a streaming footage where you can see me participating in the dungeon completion), but at least I ill describe a bug.

2 Likes

I can confirm, we were together in the same party during this run. I completed my quest at the end of the dungeon, his bugged, so he has to start all over again
I have a VOD, which can prove the described situation above

same thing happens to me, have try it again and same result, thing not count me when Medivh opens the portal and cant complete it .

Blizzard is useless to help here I open a ticket saying this may be bugged and they just reply to me with a link of the quest on wowhead…

Yeah same here, was doing BM for the quest for medivh… everyone in the run got it, except me. I really hate this dungeon. And Blizz does absolutely nothing to help.

UPDATE : ran it 2 more times, and this time it randomly did work, for some weird reason. No clue what caused this bug i did nothing different, but now it appearantly did work.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.