Bugs: Where do they go?

Back in vanilla, GMs used to help out. Nowadays, there’s a “Submit bug” that never summons any help but only displays a thank you message. Is this a digital talk-to-the-hand or is anyone actually reading them? How do I know if a bug has already been submitted or not? There doesn’t seem to be a section for bugs in this forum.

Also, my “New Topic” button on this very page is always disabled. What gives?

If you encounter a bug report it, doesn’t matter if someone else already reported. The more attention the bug gets the better. :slight_smile:

This sums it up pretty much.

Yeah, but a lot of people don’t notice details or differences since then.

I report them, but if others aren’t reminded, they might not notice at all, and that just leaves me alone with a random claim which will never get checked out at all.

Terrain and plants don’t break line of sight in vanilla. So that has been adjusted (enabled). However, up until halfway through TBC, it was possible to click through objects/terrain… like clicking a chair through a wall and teleporting onto it (enter the kitchen room in Karazhan). So now, it is not possible to target stuff by clicking OR with tab if it’s not in LoS of the CAMERA. So even though I can see the red name of a mob sticking out behind a hill, I can’t target it. Arguing for or against is pointless since in vanilla, both TAB and mouse clicks WORKED. Classic is just handicapped this way.

2 Likes

If you click submit bug it will be submitted. It will go to the server to some list and then QA team goes through them, reviews them tries to recreate them and sends them to devs. If they are unable to recreate the conditions for the bug to appear becasue the description wasn’t detailed enough then the bug most likely won’t be fixed because it’s hard to diagnose.

In your case are you sure you don’t misremember it from a private server that didn’t have proper line of sight implemented?

If you know how it used to be, please say so. Questioning my memory doesn’t help at all.

The function called by TAB might go through the server, althought it’s unlikely. The hover function of the mouse, on the other hand, is not processed remotely (imagine doing that constantly for everyone connected). It’s most likely the client that checks whatever it points to in order from closest to furthest from the camera and stops checking after hitting the first surface. In vanilla, it stopped after hitting something with which to interact or show a tooltip. Since it’s part of the 1.12 client (and all before and some after it), it has nothing to do with the server.

If you’ve ever played vanilla, especially in battlegrounds, you know how useful it was to scan an area with TAB (Target Nearast Enemy). In Classic, even if I see some mob walk behind a tree, I can’t target it. I run up to the tree and it attacks me. The line of sight check works, because the client was adapted to Classic, but the cursor hovering and “Target Nearast Enemy” were not fixed. Without the controls, having line of sight is nearly useless.

1 Like

they read them i assure you little gnomeie person. :smile: but make sure you write every detail in i’ll give an example of how to do it and how not to.

1. I encountered a graphical bug in mulgore on quest xyz the zone im in is mulgore the realm time is 02:22pm and i was on a tauren.

2. oi yo problem with game you @@ers its broken on this @@uing quest fix now or i’ll unsub.

First one will be looked at first second one proberbly wont ,you have to remember the devs are people as well and prefer a detailed description of the problem over rude comments from rude players and on that note i’ll say manners maketh man take heed.

I’m mainly just waiting for the first round of post-launch bug fixes. Noggenfogger skelly model persisting through shapeshifts pretty pls D:

if you encounter a bug, either throw a pokeball on it or take it away :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.