Building a new PC

Hey.

Im planning to build a new PC, Budget is like 750-950 euros.

could anyone help me with it? like what parts to buy, etc.

I wanna play wow on it, and also when new games come out, like apex etc. not 5000 FPS but also good enough so I can play them.

add me in game or reply here if anyone has any knowledge in this :))

bukachu#21354 is my battletag if you want to add me

Right now there are few good options. Depending when you want to buy stuff (AMD will be launching 7nm CPUs and some mid range GPUs allegedly 07.07.2019).

As a base something like this:

• Ryzen 1700: 150 EUR (possible upgrades to 1700X or 2000-series/3000-series)
  • 16 GB RAM: 90+ EUR (needs to be quite a fast kit)
  • AM4 A320 motherboard: 50 EUR (possible upgrade to B350 motherboard)
  • Crucial MX500 SSD 500GB: 70 EUR (there is a lot of other SSDs, NVMe and other)
  • used RX Vega 64: from ~350 EUR, used GTX 1080 Ti: from ~485 EUR

Plus PC case, power supply, some accessories. Maybe also a display? (WoW looks nice on ultrawide). As you can see half of the budget is GPU. Used/still under some warranty GTX/Vega are right now nicely prices to what they were originally and what new RTX/Radeon 7 costs.
Instead of Ryzen 7 there may be an option on some 6+ core recent Intel CPU, likely used to have a better price.

2 Likes

hey thanks a lot!

I build one in theory, can you tell me what you think, here’s a screenshot

http://prntscr.com/mxncim

am I missing any parts? and if its good enough… :smiley: thanks a loooot for helping out!

The T-variant of Intel CPU isn’t the best choice for gaming (can even be really bad) as those are low frequency parts, mostly for OEM systems. It’s a 2,1GHz base and only boosts to 3,50 GHz at some conditions for some amount of time.

AMD Pro WX cards are for some “professional” applications, like some CAD apps. For gaming that’s a low tier card priced closely to top range cards. So that list needs fixing.

1 Like

kk thanks again! :smiley:

http://prntscr.com/mxny2v what do you think about this one? tried to follow your recommendations on that one

Ryzen in a box comes with a cooler, so other air coolers arent that much needed. If you are picking a X-variant then the motherboard could be upgraded to the B350 chipset for some extra features. For ram it’s worth checking if its listed as officialy suppored by the motherboard or if people used given kit with ryzen with no issues.

Also will you be buying in EU or in US ? That affects actual pricing.

1 Like

kk gotchu about the cooler.
gonna do a research about the RAM now :))

thank uu!

EU, will buy them localy instead of ordering parts so may fit just right in budget

Local shop to get everything is good way to go. You may find GPU to be problematic. Any sales can be quite local and either you will have to check ebay for second hand offers or look on sites like geizhals.eu where in EU you have an interesting sale - like right now they list Asus ROG Strix Vega 64 for 389 EUR. Similarly some Ryzen promotions may be quite local.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.