Building a PC for BFA & the next expansion

Hi guys, looking to build a budget PC to run WOW smoothly in 1080p at max settings, and also future-proof me for the next expansion. how much do I need to spend? I don’t play any other PC games so I’d be using it exclusively for WOW.

So I’m looking to spend as little as possible but still be able to run BFA & the next expansion at max. I live in the UK

However you do this, new is still going to be ~£5-600, minimum… worth bearing in mind that while some parts get cheap, they equally get harder to find. Price points largely stay the same & only “bang-for-buck” value goes up.
Luckily, there’s good value to be had, atm – with AMD going batsh*t with their recent new part launch – but finding it is gonna be the nightmare.

One thing you will find is that AMD will give you your best value for CPU; a Ryzen 5 2600 can be got for ~£120 with nothing Intel much south of £200.

This should get you an idea of what you’re up against:
https:// uk.pcpartpicker .com/list/VhZ3fH (lose the spaces) but is not intended as a definite solution.

EDIT:
That doesn’t include screen/monitor/keyboard or Windows, either.

this is really helpful, thanks mate

Try
CPU - ryzen 3600

MTB - MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX

GPU - depends of your budget, I would spend half of it on gpu, cause I’m playing other games, and take non ref 5700xt (releasing amd gpu with a closed 1 fan box is a crime), but for you rx 580 or 590 will do. In this case it’s better to pick a nitro version.

RAM - 2x8mb ryzen works with w10 by default without shamans. W10 + wow are going to eat ±8mb.

PSU - 550w +
SSD 512GB

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.