Bursting Affix on low keys

Something needs to be done with this. Having an affix designed in such a way that it’s actually harder in low keys is not good. Especially now that you have corruptions like Twilight Devastation that randomly hits a pack of mobs for 1 million and procs 8 stacks.

A few suggestions:

-Trivial mobs like Saurids in Atal’Dazar, Hounds in Waycrest, etc, that dies almost instantly, even on high keys should not cause bursting. Some specs that use multiple dots do not have the option to just stop their dmg in an instant.

-Add some sort of scaling with key level by capping max bursting stacks in relation to keystone level, like at +4 when the affix is baseline it’s capped at 2 stacks and then the cap is raised by 1 every 2-3 keystone levels like.
+7= 3 stacks
+10= 4 stacks
+12= 5 stacks
+15=6 stacks
+18=7 stacks

Even something like 4 stacks can be deadly if you refresh it a couple of times, so it won’t make lower keys trivial. But right now it feels terrible when you get punished for using dps cooldowns if you play a spec with a lot of burst, or you’re just straight up unlucky and get a twilight devastation proc on a saurid pack.

One of the groups I played in on like +5 or +6 didn’t even understand what was killing them, since the mobs did very low damage. I felt really bad for the healer who thought it was his fault when we had 7-8 stacks refreshing and he had no chance to keep up.

1 Like

An alternative view is if your TD is hitting mobs for 1mill you are heavily outgearing the key. How about you learn to play around the affixes?

It’s actually good that people are taught to respect the affixes early. I’m tired of people getting to high keys after being carried by corruption and having no clue whats happening.

2 Likes

Inhales

Boi

Bursting is my fav affix ( I get to actually heal, holy crap ) so i wouldn’t say it needs a nerf :smiley:

Git gud

Is not hard :smiley:

I know where the OP is coming from.

The only one that is taught is the healer. Its very typical that healers in my key can chill at 40k hps all instance. If i do lower keys on my pala (10-11) i see my HPS spike up above 100k with 60-70k for full runs.

U think the DPS cares? Its a healing issue in their eyes.

1 Like

On the one hand I agree, finally healers have to heal.
On the other hand bursting can be unhealable by default no matter how good you are.
Also it hits certain healers worse than others.

bursting is a terrible affix in some dungeons.
Worst one so far is Shrine…
The first pull is already 14 stacks with 13 low HP mobs who die instantly.

was even more fun when the small blobs in the beginning of BFA bolstered and bursted ahah

Aye but i was more '‘Git gud’'ing towards the

Put big boi absorb shield and gg :smiley:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF

low keys are generally much harder because people have no idea how to play and often don’t even know the dungeon. Also they seem to play without keyboard or mouse.

Feels so luck that I play warlock right now with tons of healthstones, saved many repair bills.

I think the way some affixes (don’t) scale within dungeons could use a new iteration. having a maximum stack count that still refreshes on new kills is also much less punishing on lower keys, especially for newer players. I’ve found that doing higher keys makes bursting a lot easier because you have more control over the last few % of HP as it’s much higher. The difference between an 18~19 vs 14~15 is pretty big already.

Only the case if you out gear the content :slight_smile:
If you do content designed to your current gear it’s not an issue

It’s a group affix, DPS should help the healer with defensives/offheals/pots as needed.
If they dont, it’s their own damn fault for dying, and they should be told this. Every affix is a GROUP affix, their is no such thing as a tank affix or healer affix.

If your group cannot handle that room in one pull, dont do it in one pull, quite simple really.

The reason you have more control over the last few % in high keys is because you dont out gear those, as said above, do keys designed to your ilvl and it’s not an issue.

Keys aren’t designed specifically for an ilvl.

Kinda is, if the reward is around the same as you have equipped, it’s to low for you.

Stop being so obtuse. If you have a 470 tank in your +6 he outgears it. “but but theres no specific ilevel design” is about as pathetic an argument as there is.

And I agree with Maliky, its a group affix. If dps keep dying thats how they learn. It’s cause and immediate effect, its a beautiful thing.

Maybe you should learn the definition of obtuse before you start tossing it around :eyes:

I looked in the dictionary, your post was there as an example.

1 Like

well problem is that only way to play arround the corruption is to not dps at all then, becuse you cant be sure when TD hits, and even more fun if it is the tank who has the TD procing.
I do aggree that canonfodder mobs should not have bursting at all realy, or as the op says, cap it depending on key.

keys arround 2 to 7, a high level one this week is more like a problem than there to help, becuse you eighter have to gimp your self and remove corruoption gear, or you have to stand there hoping the others kill the mobs, and hope they are fast enough so you actualy can do the key in time.

You see here is the problem. Just dont pull all 13 little mobs at the same time but kill them in 2 packs. Or big defensives and immunities.

1 Like

Yup indeed BUT as far as i recall you main a Hpriest right?
How does it feel when you have no defensive and they pull like 8-9 stacks? xD
Also…You have to keep the spirit for that X tank that does X all the time ETC.

I mean that munk… With brew and diffuse magic has like +20% stam and -80% damage reduction. With priest i have… Fade 23k shield :rofl: and desperate prayer that increases my max stam and allows me to take MORE damage :rofl:

Diffuse and fort brew is 68% damage reduction, not 80%. You can’t add up reductions like that.

Diffuse makes you take 60% less damage. If there was 100 damage you’d take 40 after diffuse. Now theres 40 damage, fort brew reduces that by 20%, ie 8. That means you take 32 damage which is a 68% reduction.

If you could add up DR’s people would have immunities with 5 ironbarks.

considering you are on a timer you just cannot pull every pack one by one.

bursting is a non affix in organized groups and a very hard affix in pugs.
In theory easy to handle, in reality dps are just afk tunneling. Happens in 10s, 15s and even in 18s.
The difference is in 18s at least the healer is usually so good that he can handle and the dps sometimes use a def cd.

yes lets force more meta specs into the game because of one stupid affix.
F to all shamans, warriors, priest healers and warlocks for not having strong def cds haha
but what do I care I pull 50 mobs and just bubble :slight_smile: