Buzzing electrical noise when gaming

Hello. I know this problem is not on Blizzards end, but I hope there are some tech-savvy people here who can help me anyway.

Whenever I enter wow I get some sort of repetitive buzzing electric noise. Coil whine? Its like this: ---|---|---|---|---|---|---| where "---" is the buzz and "|" is the pause. Its a little under a second each buzz, and it really gives me a headache… I have a scarlett 2i2 with powered monitors and when all thats on, the buzz is in the monitors. When I turn them off and pull out the powercables, the noise is lower, but from the pc cabinet. And its only in-game (wow is the only game I play). Not on character screen, but once I`m loaded into the actual game.

I tested something. I turned off ALL the addons. The buzz was still there but constant. No repetitive pattern. Which is a little better, since my screen “teared” vetween every buzz repetition. It`s like it switched frame between every buzz. So I thought maybe addons memory usage also impacted this and it seems so, in a way. My addons used about 200 MB of memory.

Please help me. Anybody have a clue on what it can be?

PC specs
GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 960
PSU: Corsair 750M
Motherboard: Asus B-360 F Gaming
CPU: Intel i5 8400
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 8GBx2 @2666 Mhz
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x42
Sound: Focusrite Scarlet 2i2 USB with 2 KRK Rokit 5, Beyerdynamic DT 990 pro and a Scarlet CM 25 studio microphone.

Hey Hexymama,

As you mentioned, this is not something caused by the game directly, as the issue seems to be more hardware related. From your description, it sounds like this happens when your computer requires more power (in-game, engages the graphics card more and such). It might be worth checking your power supply and power cables thoroughly.

If that does not help out though, I’d suggest checking in with a certified computer technician.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

Could be coil whine as you mentioned which is normal to a degree and can happen when the component draws more power.

If both monitor and computer give noise it could also indicate issues with your electrical supply. Try switching to a different outlet and if different computer peripherals are plugged to different outlets try plugging them to the same outlet. Likewise if you have cables connecting to eg. home audio equipment try unplugging them and see if the problem persists.