Buzzing sound when playing WoW

Get rid of anything electronic near your speakers and monitor. stuff that sends out any electromagnetic waves. Also, when possible, borrow a monitor from someone that has no problems to see if it works better or not. That way, we can exclude if it’s the monitor or not. We’re now coming down to eliminating what it is not tbh.

Yes im sorry this is becoming frustrating…

I know, but we’ll have to go the other route as most of the default causes is not the case for you.

Oh my! Thank you so much!
After months of dreadful buzzing, finally it is gone.

1 Like

I have the same problem with my active speaker. It only buzzes when I open up World of Warcraft. I tried everything mentioned in this thread. Somebody any other ideas?

I have the same issue. Oddly enough ONLY in Blizzard games (WoW and Reforged). In other games and in Spotify, Cubase etc. everything works like a charm.

Hi all,

In addition to the details previously discussed in this thread, you can find more information and troubleshooting steps for sound issues here: Troubleshooting Sound Issues.

if it’s only happening in some games, you’ll probably want to start with steps 7 and 8 before the rest, but ideally if you have another pair of speakers or headphones available to try that may be able to help narrow it down.

I am sorry, but I posted here because I already (and obviously…) tried everything described in the “Troubleshooting Sound Issues.” This is something else that has nothing in common with incorrectly plugged cables, faulty cables, weird settings or old drivers. It has to do with electromagnetic interferrence from the computers power source when power demand spikes due to higher consuption (probably graphics card) when you launch World of Warcraft (the reason why the pitch changes when the background of your characters changes color etc.)

Do you guys with this problem all have desktop computers or is anyone having the same problem even on laptops? I talked to my father electrician about this issue and he told me to try buying a “DirectBox” which should stop the buzzing but I want to make sure somebody already tried and fixed the buzzing with this box.

Right now I “fixed” the problem by using a different sound system or just using a headset but I would really like to go back to my big and loud active speaker…

For me, this solved it :slight_smile: So simple!

2 Likes

This made it less loud but its still there xD i just turned my volume down so i cant hear it and move along with my life. I know its not the best solution but i have no clue how to fix it…

1 Like

Do you have a laptop or desktop computer?

Desktop computer.

And turning off vertical sync really solved all the buzzing?

No, turning ON vertical sync. I tried the same in Reforged but wasn’t as succesful there…

I got a brand new superpowerful PC and ye turning it ON makes the noise more quiet and a bit different but its still there

Probably electrical interference as others have said, especially if you have switched compurs since you created the thread.

If you have plugged your computer and other devices linked to the computer by cables to different outlets I’d try plugging them all to same outlet. Plugging them to different circuits might cause issues.

It’s so weird, I have had this problem for years now. Active monitor speakers and dual monitor setup. Switching to the other monitor, the buzzing goes away. Switching on V sync turns it to a lower frequency buzz, switching off it creates a higher frequency buzz. SUPER ANNOYING.

Super late response, but just to chime in:
I believe the sound many of you refer to, is caused by super high fps in the load screen. For me it was solved by setting the max fps to 144 in both in-game and background. Hope it helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmm interesting il check if it helps

Please do not bump or resurrect very old threads.