Buzzing sound when playing WoW

When i start WoW i get this loud buzzing sound coming from my speakers and PC
The only thing that changes it is the System - Graphics - Vertical Sync - Disable/Enable option both of them make the sound but the disabled one is louder
When i go to my character select screen every character has a different sound (they are all buzzing but with different pitch) and when i enter the game the buzzing changes whenever i move
I have a brand new PC and i have no clue what this is and why its happening
It sounds like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P7D07srm2E

Sounds like your speakers are picking up electrical interference from other components inside your case this dose happen sometimes , if you have any extra connecting ports for your speakers try using them most cases have one on the front and rear of the case if they connect via USB try a different USB port.

If you have any other speakers or a headset you can try or borrow as well just to rule out faulty speakers.

Badly built PC. Most likely you have a metal contact/wiring/grounding issue. Or a faulty video card. Contact the builder for support.

Hey Nerhat,

As others have already suggested, this might be a hardware issue. I’d suggest having that looked into by an authorized computer technician.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

Soo xD i clicked some things in my options and now the pc sound is gone but the speaker one is super quiet but still there. Ugh i spent so much on the pc… gosh dang it :confused:

I had that when I had one of my old monitors connected and was causing screen tearing. Does it go away if you enable Vertical Sync?

1 Like

vSync will stop screen tearing, thats exactly what vSync is for.

It might not stop any buzzing.

1 Like

If the buzzing comes from the screen tear, then it will.

1 Like

It does make it more quiet but its still there. I just set my speakers to the volume where i cant hear it and just ignore it.

Thought so. Are you using a TV or old CRT monitor?

Assuming that you aren’t going to reply anymore; if you are using a TV or old CRT monitor, I recommend to replace it with a cheap TFT monitor.

Got 2 brand new modern monitors

That’s weird. One of the monitors is causing it. If you swap it to the other monitor, does it go away?

I have a dual monitor setup should i switch my primary one ? Also its one in the morning now il do it when i wake up xD

No, try launching WoW on your other monitor. You can change the monitor display in the Graphical Settings.

Nope its the same buzz

Weird. Try setting an FPS limit to 50 and see if the buzz goes away.

2 Likes

Might be interference from the other electical devices, too. Especially likely if you are in an old building without grounding. Try unplugging different devices (especially if they are plugged to the same outlet(s) as your computer and other devices connected to the computer somehow).

If problem disappears after unplugging some devices it might be wortwhile to hire a qualified electrician to go through the outlets etc. and see that they are all working correctly and safely.

All this sounds like GPU magnetostriction to me.

I’m still saying the monitors are requested to refresh much faster than the screens are allowed. That’s why I’m wondering what if you hardset the limit to 50 fps to see if that eliminates it.

Nope still the same buzz