"C stack overflow" Error lua panel with no source info

I keep get a lua error panel to pop but with not really any information of what is triggering it, I did disable the addons I added this last week and some older and it didn’t solve anything. Also this lua error has as always “reload” and “close” button but it’s impossible to close, it doesn’t react on that.

one thing that triggers is is teleporting when inside dungeon, at least it happened on every single portal inside Dawn of infinite, to be specific on the landing end of the travel. But it did pop also during fight on Boss, making this a very big problem to play as the panel doesn’t close, and fight with 3/4 of the screen covered is not fun.

I have some screenshots from when it pops but no idea how to add them here. I did copy-past this from the screenshot (copy from the lua error also didn’t work)
note: the “Count” number keeps going up very fast endless, so its not a fix value there

Time: Sat lan 6 17:09:26 2024
Count: 10207
Stack: C stack overflow
[string
"=[CT"T:
[string
"=CT"T
[string
“=ICT”
[string
“=[CT”
Istring
"=IC
[string
[C
[string
Istring
C
[string
"=ICT
Istring
1 3
[string
CTIT.
Istring
“=C”]:
Istring
“=CT”:?
Istring
“=[C”]:?

UPDATE: this error now happened the second I logged in… Earlier I tried to figure out 1 by 1 what addon cause this starting all disabled and going into Dawn of infinite HC with a friend helping me, it got triggered from one addon, then i disabled that one, yet got triggered by another and so one without any logic. So at the end of all 8 boss I knew as much I did at start… After that i tried the option in Battle.net analize+repair that took a long time, and logged in after that just to get this Lua error at the very first second… it is frustrating

Probably a bug with your UI. I assume you’ve tinkered with Edit Mode. Try ticking all edit mode options on the main panel except snap to grid. Move some objects and save a new layout.

1 Like

It gone so bad I eventually decided to wipe out WoW…

• and all related files…
  • yes WIPE that WTF
  • WIPE all addons
  • WIPE cvars to their default
  • WIPE synchronisation to prevent it restore that wiped sh…

…and once extingued and burned for good, reinstalled WoW: That part was sooooooooooo slow I also missing mythic raid progress with guild…
Tha was my sad weekend, thank you, how was yours?

ps. I decided to try Elvui instead of Addon-super-Strudel-mix as starting with clean sheet anyway, and so far its very nice, at least about this I am happy, it’s so much over my expectations :eye_in_speech_bubble: :blue_heart:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.