Cache of Storms nerf?

First days of the patch Caches of Storms used to give 1500 gold with the chance of getting 15 000.
This gave me great incentive to do these on multiple alts. But now, they give around 200 gold only and im not sure about the chance of higher gold anymore.

Can we get a word on this? It was not mentioned in hotfixes or anywhere else. Is this a bug? Was it not intended in the first place? Its pretty cruel to tease us like this and then nerf without a word.

It’s not only that.
The weekly rep quests boxes for Dream Wardens / Loam Niffens were also nerfed.

Sure I could understand that weekly giving ~6k gold per char could be a bit overkill in eyes of Blizzard, but the rep boxes were giving ~1500g always, why suddenly changing it for no reason?

Yes, that was nerfed. I only get 250g now. But I think that is fine. The 480+ pieces and the 100 flightstones are still good rewards.

Its weekly 6k. Not that much. Used to be more. 2k daily box in shadowlands. Weekly i dont remember anymore 2-4k?

What pisses me about this is the lack of comunication. Give good gold at first then fast stealth fix with zero communication.

I have a feeling the open world activities are also affected by being awakened. But I’d have to read up more.

I have never paid attention to how much they give so you guys are probably much better at noticing that!