Camera Focal Point is too high

So, after 8.3 patch dropped, I have a weird problem with my camera

Its focus points is too high, above my characters head, but it happens only after i use a teleport: hearthstone, going into an instance, using a portal, it all moves the camera above my characters head

Apparently it only happens on characters that have some kind of straightening idle animations in which they move their head a bit higher

It happens to some other people too, is there anything we can do?

Hello Ildray,

I have to say that I’ve not seen or encountered something similar personally.

Initially I would suggest that you set your Camera settings to default, by heading to the Game Menu (Esc) → interface → Camera and click on the Defaults button, on the bottom left.

Additionally you could potentially share a screenshot as to determine, maybe what exactly you see on your end?

I’ve been noticing this as well and it existed even back on the PTR where I reported it.

It’s nothing to do with your UI, addons, etc. It’s just a bug with the game. May be hard to notice it but if you take a screenshot zoomed fairly close into your character then use a hearthstone or something and take a second screenshot from the exact same zoom/position then the camera should be anchored a bit higher up.

A relog fixes this until you teleport again.

Before: https://i.imgur.com/aPCdXRf.jpg

After: https://i.imgur.com/JOIm34s.jpg

If you compare these two side by side or just keep flicking between them you should be able to notice the camera is slightly raised on the second picture after teleporting.

2 Likes

It persists even after reinstalling the game, or trying it on another computer

Another played included a screenshot, i can’t put links in my posts, but i can tell that on other races, like trolls, or undeads, the camera moves so high that i can’t see their face after zooming very closely, as told before, relogging fixes it

Also using a toy that changes my shape, for example, changes my race, also fixes it, so it’s a bug connected with changing location