[Campaign] [RP-PVP] Strike at the Heart 14.11.2018

[WARNING: SPOILERS FOR PATCH 8.1. AHEAD, IF YOU WISH TO AVOID THEM, PLEASE STOP READING HERE, THANK YOU]

De Zandalari built an empire dat would endure for over ten-thousand years... while your barbaric ancestors scuffled in de dirt. We civilized dis world. We conquered it. And once again, you savages seek to undermine our greatness. No, I will not surrender. Because no matter what happens here today... Zandalar will stand long after your Alliance has crumbled to dust.

Alliance premise for campaign participation: We have two objectives in this campaign: 1) Drive a wedge between the Horde and their prospective allies in Zandalari trolls; 2) Retrieve the Abyssal Scepter from the Treasury of the Great Seal. Your units are to provide distractions and back-up in the other regions of Zandalar while the main force completes the abovementioned tasks. Carry out your orders.

Horde premise for campaign participation: Somethin’ strange be happenin’ on de Zandalar Isle. De Alliance forces are amassin’ in both Vol’dun an’ Nazmir, preparin’ for an assault on Zuldazar, perhaps? We must stop ‘em an’ protect our future allies! For de Horde!

Organizers: Styrros, Valorsworn, Dreadbore, Lupús. Could use 1-2 more volunteers each side.

Date: 14th of November

Greetings, fellow Argent Dawners. Patch 8.1. will bring us another important event for the World of Warcraft, namely – Siege of Zuldazar (now renamed to Assault on Dazar'alor IIRC?). I wish to capitalize on this opportunity in a RP-PVP campaign, devoted to this event.

From what I’ve gathered on the available information regarding patch 8.1, the Alliance attack the region of Zuldazar using diversions and then delivering a lightning strike to the Great Seal, the Capital of the Zandalari Empire. The campaign will revolve around these events.

The outcome of the campaign is scripted, and the outcome results in Alliance victory, with them killing King Rastakhan, destroying approximately half the Zandalari fleet and reclaiming the Abyssal Scepter (However the actual results of the campaign will be left ambiguous enough, so as to not invoke people from going "oh this did not happen").

Alliance player characters however will not participate in the actual attack on the Great Seal, and neither will Horde player characters defend the Great Seal. The campaign instead will be structured around battles of the Alliance diversionary forces with the Horde’s troops sent to various regions of Zandalar.

I am not a proponent of long, drawn-out campaigns, and the whole Siege of Zuldazar is a fast-paced battle, so the campaign will last for 5 days only.

Structure is as follows:

Day 1: Alliance and Horde forces arrive to Zandalar. No RP-PVP on this day.

Day 2: Skirmishes break out across the continent of Zandalar, in Vol’dun and Nazmir. Maps with recommended skirmish places as well as descriptions of key fighting areas will be provided soon. Progress will be monitored over the control of the key points for bragging rights and other purposes and determined at the end of the fighting period at 22:00 server time.

Day 3: The Skirmishes continue.

Day 4: Alliance forces withdraw to regroup and strike on Zuldazar. Meanwhile Horde forces also regroup to try and figure out what the Alliance’s plan is. No RP-PVP on this day.

Day 5: Finale, with the player forces fighting over Zuldazar and the Blood Gate (possible locations are: Zanchul, Xibala, Atal’gral and the Blood Gate). The Alliance withdraws with a victory while the Horde licks their wounds, preparing for some future retaliation.

RP-PVP rules:

- One ability every 5 seconds
- No CC abilities, be it soft or hard. Interrupts are not allowed.
- No AoE
- Healing is unrestricted, with AOE spells allowed.

RP-PVP hours will take place from 20:00 and last until 22:00 server time. People are free to RP outside of these hours, however this will depend on your own self-organizing.

To sign up for the event, please leave your reply in the thread with a filled-in template:

Guild name:
Estimated online numbers during peak hours:
Faction:
Contacts:
(Optional) Brief description of your guild’s goals during the campaign:

Due to faction imbalance on Argent Dawn, I will control for the amount of guilds that are able to participate in the actual RP-PVP. My apologies if some guilds are unable to make it through, however, you will only be barred from taking part in the fighting itself. Your guilds are free to take on supporting roles (camp maintenance, field kitchen duties, etc).

Possible campaign concerns and my solutions to them:

Number 1: The event might take place before 8.1. What do?

It’s impossible to predict release dates for Blizzard content, and as such the date is a huge gamble on my behalf, and it might be the cause of controversy similar to the one that happened with the Drums of War campaign. Yet, despite the vocal protests, the event still went through and the participants had a blast.

In this case, we can only hope that if the event takes place before 8.1. rolls out, the participants will not celebrate victory / mourn over defeat in a very loud fashion. The roleplayers who do not wish to acknowledge the campaign result so early, are free to dismiss the happenings as rumours / unproven facts.

Number 2: Potential lag, freezes and sharding.

Yes, the servers lately can’t properly support anything more than 1v1 in the open world (I realize I’m making a hyperbolic statement here, but it’s not too far from truth).

So to battle lag, I am introducing three zones which will be assumed to be a part of Zandalar (with our powers of imagination) for RP-PVP purposes:

1) Zul’Gurub which will be substituting for Tal’gurub in Zuldazar.

2) Isle of Giants which can be claimed to be an island off the coast of Zandalar, near Atal’gral.

3) The area of Zul’Farrak might be considered to be some obscure part of Vol’dun – assume Atul’aman.

I realize that this is a gimmicky solution, but little else can be done regarding sharding and strange server behavior. For fairness, guilds can swap places in day 2 and 3, to ensure everyone has a chance to battle in Zandalar and Zandalar-IC-but-not-really-that-OOC zones.

W.I.P:

What this campaign needs still: brave and selfless volunteers from the Alliance and the Horde to assist me with running the campaign. Additionally, I’d very much like if I have volunteers to form an anti-ganking squad. About 5 or so people, since these things can always run amok.

Discord server + community for Cross RP will be launched closer to the campaign’s start. Maps of the regions will be provided soon.
7 Likes
REGION MAPS:

WIP, detailed descriptions will be coming soon.

Vol'dun region map with key fighting points: https://i.imgur.com/Q53bMLR.png

Nazmir region map with key fighting points: https://i.imgur.com/oqAmSWB.png

Zuldazar finale skirmish map: https://i.imgur.com/aYebox6.png

(What is a Sanctuary zone: an area into which I kindly request that the members of the other faction do not go, so it can be free from RP-PVP and mostly devoted to camp rp and regrouping. IC-wise, there will be measures written out that are supposed to prevent people from entering these areas. Work in progress)

PARTICIPANTS:

ALLIANCE

Guild Name: The Hallowed Tower
Estimated online: 6-10
Faction: Alliance
Contacts: Valoursworn - Haringoth - Felix - Drákorth
Goal: To further bolster the Alliance war-efforts at all costs.

Guild name: Tenth Legion
Estimated online numbers during peak hours: 5-8 (can peak at 12 if we're lucky)
Contacts: Lilliputian, Piltoff, Rinsley, Keltaniis, Tienie
Goals: Revenge for the hordes atrocities, aiming to end the existence of the horde.

Guild name: Blackstar Pact
Estimated online numbers during peak hours: 3
Contacts: Zinnora, Syaethil
Goals: Blessed retribution in the Night Warrior's name, and to follow the footsteps of the Kaldorei who fought in the War of the Twin Empires.

Guild Name: The Broken Tower
Estimated online numbers during peak hours: 3-5
Faction:Alliance
Contacts: Stuart, Danhar, Amberden
Goal: To supply skirmishing cavalry to the Alliance offensive.

Guild name: Union of the Realms (Composed of Dawnscale Vanguard, Nightingale Society, Onyxguard and Red Gryphons. Last two might not be here)
Estimated online numbers during peak hours: roughly 30-40
Contacts: Lîghtsong
(Optional) Brief description of your guild’s goals during the campaign: We seek to aid in fighting and mending along with research

Guild name: The Wun Dynasty
Estimated online numbers during peak hours: 4-6
Contacts: Fangwun/Jenwun, Chíeun, Riverblossom, Yarinulis
(Optional) Brief description of your guild’s goals during the campaign: Lending military assistance to the Alliance cause on Zandalar, with eyes set on the ultimate goal of the war.

Guild name: The Bloody Verdict
Estimated online: 5-10
Contacts: Hartley, Enoch

Guild name: The Naz'kahet
Estimated online: 2-5
Contacts: Angelus

Guild name: Nightfall Brigade
Estimated online numbers during peak hours: 10-15 (maybe more )
Contacts: Wilcox

Guild name: The Three Hammers (as Hammerguard Battalion)
Estimated online numbers during peak hours: 4-10
Contacts: Gemir (GM), Khazmar

Guild name: Brennadam Volunteers
Estimated online numbers during peak hours: 10+
Faction: Alliance.
Contacts: Lucius, Edward.

Guild name: The Blue Banner
Estimated online numbers during peak hours: 10+
Faction: Alliance.
Contacts: Edvann, Avaryn.

Guild name: The Truesteel Talons
People online: 6-12

INDIVIDUALS:

Valistrophe Spellsinger
Thenell Shadowmoon
Koiffen
Terry Hollins
Gloriya
Seldrin
Direburg
Ashéton
Maynne
Wrought
Caithelyn
Groovygrove
Whôis

HORDE

Guild name: Hand of Zanchul
Estimated online: 4-8
Faction 'Horde'
Contacts: Rakhuul, Kapera
Goal: To spread a hateful message of troll supremacy by blaming the Horde for the Alliance's invasion, but also to defend the last bastion of trollish power.

Guild name: The Rotgarde
Estimated online numbers during peak hours: 15+
Faction: Horde
Contacts: Perroy, Dreadbore, Myre/Skabb

Guild name: Duskwatch Outriders
Estimated online numbers during peak hours: 9-11
Contacts: Styrros, Lianodel, Neshyn, Juveil, Adlis

Guild name: Hand of Conquest
Estimated online numbers: 10+
Contacts: Kuru, Battlebrave, Lorkus, Pullo, Apawi

Guild name: The Bilgewater Battalion
Estimated Numbers during peak hours: 7
Contacts: Bettiboom, Greelix, you have my discord anyway!
Goals: To make sure that the Trade Prince manages to get out of this alive and to help him show these pesky Gnomes who's boss!

Guild name: Grim Gest
Estimated online numbers during peak hours: ~10
Contacts: Morsteth & anyone online

Guild name: Spire Division Zero
Estimated online numbers during peak hours: 8 - 12
Contacts: Ðawnseeker

Guild name: The White Ravens
Estimated online numbers during peak hours: ~5
Contacts: Duramortem and Valtroiss

Guild name: Highblood Myrmidons
Estimated online: 2-6
Contacts: Eirdarias, Vehk

Guild name: The Frozen Paw Clan
Estimated online numbers during peak hours: 8-10
Contacts: Rogmasha, Lancellis

Guild name: Oath of Silver (Operating as House A’lorai)
Estimated online numbers during peak hours: 3-6
Contacts: Cominius

Guild name: Belore Fortuna
Estimated online numbers during peak hours: 5-10
Faction: HORDE
Contacts: Âimee Feydrine

Guild name: Gorgroth Vanguard
Estimated online numbers during peak hours: 5+
Contacts: Sergroth

Guild name: Independent Initiative
Estimated online numbers during peak hours: 12
Contacts: Arvo Deluves (Deluves) and Illanuril Renoir (Illanuril)

Guild name:Sons of Draenor
Estimated numbers during peak hours: 4-6
Contacts: Gorrokh or Kanbei

INDIVIDUALS:

Vakosh
Manata
Tozuko
Nightforge
Amoneerea
Jatoru
Olgun
Sorrowsun
Marketable (Kee'terahn Sunguard)
Melysan Summerbelle
Mórzul
Karíla
Nalarthiel Caspanar
Cheaoka
Kanbei
Zôrtz
Pashtrak
Oilc
Atahalni
Lexxel
Riverfox
1 Like
I'd like to volunteer the Duskwatch Outriders, hope that can be arranged :^)
Guild Name: The Hallowed Tower
Estimated online: 6-10
Contacts: Valoursworn - Haringoth - Felix - Drákorth
Goal: To further bolster the Alliance war-efforts at all costs.
1 Like
23/10/2018 21:01Posted by Styrros
Additionally, I’d very much like if I have volunteers to form an anti-ganking squad. About 5 or so people, since these things can always run amok.

Could you expand on what this means? If I were to volunteer for this would I act as a backup dm. Am I running around hunting down the other faction members?
23/10/2018 22:16Posted by Uraik
23/10/2018 21:01Posted by Styrros
Additionally, I’d very much like if I have volunteers to form an anti-ganking squad. About 5 or so people, since these things can always run amok.

Could you expand on what this means? If I were to volunteer for this would I act as a backup dm. Am I running around hunting down the other faction members?

Usually in RP-PVP events we get 'nice people' who want to ruin the fun. The anti-ganker squad deals with them through any means of physical force neccessary so they get fed up and goh awae.
Guild name: Hand of Zanchul
Estimated online: 4-8
Faction 'Horde'
Contacts: Rakhuul, Kapera
Goal: To spread a hateful message of troll supremacy by blaming the Horde for the Alliance's invasion, but also to defend the last bastion of trollish power.
Note: Since almost half of our member-base consists of future Zandalari, our numbers are very uncertain.
Epic style initiative - sounds awesome!
I do like me a story campaign.

Guild name: The Rotgarde
Estimated online numbers during peak hours: 15+
Contacts: Perroy, Dreadbore, Myre/Skabb

Edit: I am also willing to assist with organisation if needed.
Guild name: Tenth Legion
Estimated online numbers during peak hours: 5-8 (can peak at 12 if we're lucky)
Contacts: Lilliputian, Piltoff, Rinsley, Keltaniis, Tienie
Goals: Revenge for the hordes atrocities, aiming to end the existence of the horde.
Updated the second post of the thread with the list of current participants! Also looking for people who want to be the event's dedicated screenshotters!

23/10/2018 22:22Posted by Rakhuul

Note: Since almost half of our member-base consists of future Zandalari, our numbers are very uncertain.

I understand! But still, this campaign might be a good staging ground for you and your folks! So round 'em up and make sure they all join the fight for their homeland!

24/10/2018 17:47Posted by Dreadbore

Edit: I am also willing to assist with organisation if needed.

Excellent! I'll contact you in-game as soon as possible!
Can't wait to beat some Alliance.

Guild name: Hand of Conquest
Estimated online numbers: 10+
Contacts: Kuru, Battlebrave, Lorkus, Pullo, Apawi
Guild name: Blackstar Pact
Estimated online numbers during peak hours: 3
Contacts: Zinnora, Syaethil
Goals: Blessed retribution in the Night Warrior's name, and to follow the footsteps of the Kaldorei who fought in the War of the Twin Empires.
Guild name: The Bilgewater Battalion
Estimated Numbers during peak hours: 7
Contacts: Bettiboom, Greelix, you have my discord anyway!
Goals: To make sure that the Trade Prince manages to get out of this alive and to help him show these pesky Gnomes who's boss!
1 Like
Marvelous. What about characters that would like to participate in the campaign, but their guildies do not plan to? Can they tag along without signing up here or are they required to as well?
What a lovely day.
Looks like fun times ahead. Great campaign idea Styrros!

Also looking for people who want to be the event's dedicated screenshotters!

Schedule allowing I'd love to help out in the camera department!
Sign-ups are proceeding! Please check if your guild got added to the list and notify me if I miss out on anything. Also, we need more Alliance participants for sure.

25/10/2018 08:27Posted by Thenell
Marvelous. What about characters that would like to participate in the campaign, but their guildies do not plan to? Can they tag along without signing up here or are they required to as well?

Please sign up as well! That would help us avoid potential issues down the road! Just do it like this:

Name
Signing up as an individual

25/10/2018 09:18Posted by Vakosh
What a lovely day.

Couldn't have been any lovelier! If you want to sign up - be sure to do that!

Looks like fun times ahead. Great campaign idea Styrros!

Schedule allowing I'd love to help out in the camera department!

Thanks so much and yes please - I'll sign you up on dedicated screenshot duty! Will whisper you later today in-game! <3
25/10/2018 11:44Posted by Styrros
If you want to sign up - be sure to do that!

I halfway expected the Nightborne community to have blacklisted Vakosh after tackling one of them at the kosh'harg festival!

I digress; I'm definitely interested to attend as an individual.
THERE IS NO BATTLE WITHOUT GOOD BOOZE!

I SHALL BE THERE MY FRIENDS!