Can any blade be turned into a Runeblade?

Well, they certainly aren’t characters, and they certainly don’t act like the souls they were forged from. So what else would they be?

I mean, they are living suits of armor. Something has to be controlling them.

Also:

“Souls they were forged from”? There’s not much of a soul identity left after a while in the Maw, of course you’d not act “like the soul you once were”.

As for the toy…I see it more as the facehuggers in Nazjatar. It’s not like you were being directly controlled by Orgozoa or Azshara if you had one of those on your head.

So, this is too far of a stretch for me to consider.

Really? We are talking about the guy who organized for the Lich King to get his powers. And you find it too far of a stretch to assume that he controls his armies like the Lich King controlled the Scourge? Even though exactly the same language of domination is used? Huh.

Everything can be explained away by “The Power of Plot Device”, or “A Wizard Did It” if we can’t be bothered to explain things more in depth.

The Lich King did not directly control every last ghoul, either. Sure, he would drive them to “attack the village of puny humans”; but not “punch this guy with your right arm while your buddy is gnawing on the other guy’s leg”.

Or maybe I just think than omnipotent, omnipresent, omnieverything villains are simply boring so I invent my own headcanon to make them a little more interesting, who knows.

Besides, if the Jailer indeed was that “omnieverything”, then it’s Ve’nari who we need to really fear, because she has outsmarted him. Imagine how powerful she must be.

But he could control every specific ghoul, if he wanted to. Totally. And we’re not talking about the question if the Jailer sees what every lowly servant sees or something like that. We were talking about the question if the guy doing menial forging labour right next to him could be considered part of the Jailer’s agency instead of an independent agent.

So no, we don’t need to go into a discussion of “omnieverything” at all here.

Well, that is then your headcanon which is not my headcanon. I have no reason to believe that the Jailer was “directly controlling” Generic Mawsworn #274.

And I don’t think the devs thought of it either, they just wanted to make a “cool scene”, and I’m sure it looked good in their heads.

You have reason to believe that he could be in full control at the very least, based on his established powers and history. So, it is a bit unnecessary to assume that it is strange that he wouldn’t have to do things by his own hands to have them done. You are choosing to see a plot hole, a lack of explanation, where really there is none. That’s on you.

If the devs thought about it or not is just a bit of mind-reading that doesn’t add or subtract anything, in this particular case.

I don’t even call it a plot hole, since it’s not really plot critical “who does what”, just that the crystal is there.

I just called it silliness, probably resulting from trying too hard to be pompous.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.