Can any blade be turned into a Runeblade?

Question is in the title.

I was wondering because all Runeblades had a sort of similar aesthetic to them.

As far as I can tell, runeblades are but weapons imbued with certain magics. So I’d say that yes, they can, for as long as the material they are made of, is capable of enduring the process.

1 Like

as we saw when the jailer butchered varian’s blade a disgrace to it’s noble legacy it’s a farther insult to the night elves as Shalamayne is a night elf blade (blades)

Blizzard hates Night Elves ! REEEEEEEEEE!!!

1 Like

Well, Night Elves were a mistake.

A troll mistake that is!

2 Likes

It’s what happens when trolls run out of “voodoo” to entertain them. They go look for magic wells and stuff.

1 Like

It is just the dark trolls being weird, them wanting a peaceful connection to the natural world, probably getting high or something.

We all know that the Darkspear are superior.

1 Like

To the OP: I can’t see why not.

Unless there’s something off the contrary, the process just seems to be another form of infusing a weapon much like creating any other magic weapon a la typical style of inscribing runes to ‘bind’ the magic needed for it.

Just seems like a form of enchanting really, imho.

I could be entirely wrong though.

That’s correct. One of the first quests in the DK starting zone is to take up an ordinary blade and turn it into a runeblade at the runeforge.

Which makes it seem rather silly how everyone’s acting as if it’s an unprecedented crisis. Even with the power creep.

Yes, but you need to be high enough smithing level

Badum tsh runescape jokes!

Threw in my lot with the wrong guys, then. I wonder if my pally can find a trainer in Torghast, instead.

Mournblades seem to be a superior version or runeblades, though. Might just be more power, but could be qualitatively as well?

So… is Shadaowmourne a thing in the current lore, and if so, is it an actual Mournblade? I also wouldn’t be surprised if the Frost DK weapons that were forged out of Frostmourne would make an appearance in this story.

Another thing that bugs me is that the crystal that is allegedly “the thing” to make a blade into a “mourneblade” has been crafted by…generic Mawsworn #274

I think its more about the special magic gem wich got jammed into it than whoever crafted it

Yeah, but it kinda looks weird if any nameless NPC can craft such a gem. Why wasn’t the Jailer himself working the anvil?

I guess because he’s too busy being eeeeevil and twirling his mustache.

thats certainly the impresssion wich is being given. Everything currently points to bi polar sylvanas having a change of heart suddenly and backstabbing him somehow. If they want to make him into a proper villain at the very least they will have to make him destroy sylvanas with eases and twart her little plot and give her the punishment she deserved after her deeds. just to establish him actually being a capable plotter instead of just retconning things in the past and saying “oh the lich king was made by him all along instead of kil’jaeden” and stuff

Wasn’t he? I mean, the generic Mawsworn are fully and totally under his control, aren’t they?

Are they? I never had any reason to believe that they’d be only a “part of his being” as it were.