Can anyone clarify Rank 3 essences please?

I have Rajani and Uldum essences unlocked at Rank 3 on a DPS character. Is this supposed to unlock equivalent Rajani and Uldum essences at Rank 3 for Tank and Healer, or just the DPS ones?

Asking because I have Rank 2 Touch of the Everlasting on a character (Tank essence) and MOTHER tooltip still says I have to learn Rank 3 on another character to purchase. Should I be grinding out Revered on a Druid or something to get all these essences unlocked? I thought unlocks were bundled and one role unlocked the other roles?

I’m afraid that I’m not going to be much help here.

But I just felt this was a good point to chime in and say that I spent most of my time in the later half of BFA confused as what essences were for or what they even did, where to get them and why they even needed to be added to the game. Azurite armor was fine, I understood that as it was the expansion feature. But the addition of Essences and Corruption just over complicated the game. Much in the same way Shadowlands is an overcomplicated mess of systems.

I’m so glad they have done away with borrowed power for the next expansion.

I hope you get your answer.

Yes, I agree. I gave up on Shadowlands because I got tired of the burden of research. The game is an alt-tab nightmare. This sort of confusion with essences doesn’t help. So, everywhere the internet tells you that “Learning Rank 3 on one alt unlocks Rank 3 account wide from MOTHER.” Except it doesn’t. For some essences you still need to earn Rank 1 and 2 before you can buy Rank 3. Even MOTHER’s tooltip continues to say “You need to earn Rank 3 on another character” when you have already done so. What it should say is “You need to learn the previous rank to purchase”. And still, I’m facing “you can’t purchase this” on Essences where I’ve both learned Rank 3 of an equivalent essence, and learned up to Rank 2 of the essence I want to buy.

have you tried looking up the information on wowheads? There are often great guides for these types of questions.

https://www.wowhead.com/guides/heart-of-azeroth-essence-overview#:~:text=The%20only%20requirement%20to%20unlock,its%20Major%20Essence%20slot%20working.

1 Like

Yes, unfortunately I’ve depended on wowhead for years to play this game.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.