Can I just have the old models back?

Whining and asking are two very different things. But I’m not going to deny that I can be toxic whenever I believe someone should sit back down

2 Likes

The old pixelated/blocky/low res models were better than the current ones?

I’m sorry, what?

It’s design vs texture. It’s really rather simple.

Their work on the new models were rather terrible, which is also the reason they have silently updated some things. Especially some running animations.

Personally I care more about the animations.

4 Likes

Not gamebreaking, but there will certainly be breaking animations and many errors. They are different models, and you can’t just shove an animation from one to another and expect it to work.

It’s called standards. Blizzard won’t do it because as a company they have to meet a certain level of polish (which is why private servers will get vanilla up and running in a few months, yet Blizzard take years)-- and they don’t want to create a HUGE amount of work updating the old models as well just to keep what surely must be a tiny minority of hold-outs who can’t accept the new models are superior in the sense they match the original concept art more closely. Not even going into the fact many of the animations were stiff and janky as a result of the limitations of the time.
Just look at the human female running, it’s as if she has a wooden rod glued to the back of her head and back.

The good thing is there is a very good workload reason; and happily it goes well with my opinion piece, which is you lot sorely need to drop the sentimentality and wake up to the fact the new models are superior in every way.

They are what Blizzard would have done had they had the tech back in 2004.

How can you possibly like models that have almost no facial animations; massively lower polygon count; and far less articulate locomotion.

The days of devouring plague is over, we are forced to be void trashbag till Blizzard reverts us.

3 Likes

… Is it so difficult for you people to understand that this change wouldn’t affect any of you who prefer the newer models at all? This is simply a subjective thing, and you’re straight-up saying … “You’re WRONG” to something that doesn’t have a correct answer.

I prefer the older undead male models, for reasons like nostalgia and feeling. The caster animations for the old model were much smoother, I get that most people that play WoW want to immerse themselves and want everything to look as ‘good’ as possible. I personally want what is smoothest, and what is most appealing for me, as well as a lot of other people who want the ability to be able to use the older models.

It’s literally the same as telling someone they’re idiots for liking the colour green more than purple…

The fact that people’s best response to this is “You can’t have it because I don’t like it” makes me depressed

4 Likes

That’s the problem with a personal opinion, others will disagree. It’s like you saying “You don’t like it, but I want it”

I don’t play the undead due to the models cutout at the joints. I think it’s stupid, especially that there is no model with the flesh in place.

1 Like

Yeah I agree that the chinese undead model looks sick

And well, Blizzard have themselves said this when creating the new models: “We’ll feel like we’ve succeeded if you see the updated version of your character and it still feels like you’re looking at the character you’ve been playing for the past however many years—only someone has finally focused a lens.”

I really don’t. Transmoging pieces that previously fit one way don’t fit the same today. The older animations also felt smoother, there’s a reason why Cdew amongst others used Tmorph to be able to use the old undead model for his resto shaman. It feels better for some people.

The fact that the older models wouldn’t bother anyone who doesn’t want to use them, along with the fact that all the newer animations simply transfer back to the old ones with the old models. I am right now chugging noggerfogger on all my characters, and I am yet to find A SINGLE SPELL ANIMATION that isn’t working with the old skeleton model (same as the old undead male).

Now to finish it, this feature used to be in the game, and the reason for it being removed has been disproven… Soooo? Blizz?

2 Likes

People should have the choice. Period.

6 Likes

Choice means fun and thats a big nono at actiblizzard actually i think its their motto

3 Likes

They have heavily nerfed Orc Shoulder pads, biggest crime imo.

Undeads can’t be shamans ? :thinking:

1 Like

Aaaaand my account got a warning for this thread.

I’m done, what a headache of a company

4 Likes

Again. Not everyone is sentimental, it’s about taste. Undead males had the best casting animation in this game, it was trashed. See, personally opinion that I know is shared by many that played the race. Emphasis on “played” since most people have rerolled.

But I guess you are too biased to realise that, hence the load of rehashed rubbish you went through in that post (yeah, already seen all of those arguments, so nothing new).

I believe feint is wee bit bugged for rogues. So there you have it! One spell!

Ah yeah, holy nova spell doesn’t look the same either. Good riddance I say, they used that wonky animation for a number of classes, regardless of race. It was one of the new budget animations they added in Legion.

1 Like

Fury warriors look pretty wonky, Rampage basically has no animation with noggenfogger. Also DH is weird because they basically have only new/unique animations for everything, so old nelf/belf models would probs look kinda ugly w/ DH.

Besides those, everything else worked well enough, I was worried outlaw would be weird with it’s double slash proc but it wasn’t too bad. Pistol shot also just used normal old model gun shoot animations.

So yeah, rampage is the only spell I can think of that is functionally distinct enough from anything pre-legion that you can’t have an easy placeholder old anim for. Every single other spell works well enough. Feint and stuff like that look weird-ish but it does have an animation, so I’d be ok with it being the way it is.

Gimme back old models and animations :||

2 Likes

I personally don’t miss the old models but i do miss the old animations new animations are too pixar/disney cartoon like and too over the top.

Like after playing some beta made me really miss the old dwarf running animation the new one is too bouncy it just look ridiculous.

2 Likes

Funny you should say this. I was just checking out a Dwarf on the Stress Test.

I can’t stand Dwarf running on live. It is weird and unnatural. But I was quite comfortable with it on the test. So Dwarf is now a possible race for me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The new models for dwarf are fabulous but the running animation is something that i have always hated on the new model its too similar to the ridiculous pandaren bouncy running and looks something out of saturday morning cartoon.

Almost all the new animations that came with new models are imo too over the top but i guess its the blizzard way of doing things as they have no middle ground in anything they do.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.