Can I WOW - from the beginning? HELP!

Hi There,

I am not sure if I am posting in the right place, but I am looking for advice. I have been playing WOW for a few years, although only a week here and there just as a way to pass time. Recently I have really gotten into the lore behind it all ans started playing more frequently.

My question is, is it possible to play through all the expansions from the start or is that not possible with the patch updates since the expansions. Would I be able to play all the expansions as they were when they were released, through all the quests and scenarios? Also, when I play them is that when the world changes? Like I am sure Theramore is still there in my game? Is that because I haven’t played that expansion?

Sorry, I am not knew to warcraft, but as being a hardcore player goes I am :slight_smile:

Thanks!!!

You can, though some lore is behind raids which will be difficult to do at that given level, though you can just solo them once you’re higher level. I believe some very specific quests are removed, such as the Black Prince questline in MoP, which was a more minor plotline back then but is now becoming more important.

However, most of the quests/dungeons/scenarios have stayed the same, and you will be able to experience them. The world does change as you go forward in expansions, but there are these NPC’s that let you see the zone as it was before it was changed (does not apply to cataclysm quest overhaul changes etc!). They can be found on the map in the given zone, I think their icon is a speech bubble or something like that. But when it comes to things like theramore, I don’t think the city changes before you do the scenario.

So yeah, you won’t be getting the exact experience, but you can get pretty close. If you’re just concerned with catching up on each expansions lore, you shouldn’t have any trouble. When there are things that have been removed you can use online sources to fill the gaps.

The story timeline changed irrevocably with Cataclysm that remade Azeroth. So no, you need to play Classic if you want the complete thing.

Play classic 1 - 60 if you want lore from before the Cataclysm, and if you want to start from the actual beginning that’s the closest thing available to it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.