Can nature magic be used to restore a lost limb?

From all the healing magics, I thought about nature magic because it can be used to grow plants and I thougth hey, maybe it’s not only used for healing papercuts but maybe it can restore lost limbs?

Trolls are the only ones known to regrow limbs, because of their blessings by the Loa. In a way it’s naturemagic, but nothing controllable by mortals afaik.

Troll regeneration is a natural, innate ability rather than actual magic. It can probably be enhanced by the Loa’s blessing- there is the tale about Vula’jin the Void who was able to regenerate almost his entire body, but this may be a mere legend.
We know regeneration can be impeded by poison ( as happening to Vol’jin ) or elemental fires ( in the troll wars ), but afaik it cannot be obtained through any type of magic.
So unless you’re a troll, you can’t have it.

2 Likes

Probably he’s just a famous legend among Trolls like Zul’jin…but a character who can regenerate his entire body would be insanely powerful in WoW, on the level of Cell/Majin Buu in Dragon Ball Z (these characters can never die unless you completely destroy the brain and every body cell).

Also the title “the Void” sounds like he was void corrupted in some way, maybe the first Void Troll like the Void Elves :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I believe there is a quest in the Blasted Lands where blood magic is used to regenerate someone from almost nothing. Granted this is not nature magic, but regenerating from a limb is not unprecedented (if memory serves).

2 Likes

Yeah, I agree Vula’jin’s story probably belongs to the realm of legends. He was only ever mentioned in a Devs Q&A, where they also said the Loa can curse their followers so they can’t regrow their limbs any longer ( when being asked why Zul’jin did not grow his arm back ).
I think both are rather the kind of tales troll parents tell their children, in order to teach them respect and awe for the Loa.

4 Likes

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Not_Just_Any_Body_(Horde)

This one? In this case, Loramus is already dead and you gather the pieces of his body. He is then revived with the help of demonic energies ( and blood magic? ) so…necromancy rather than restoring limbs I’d say?

4 Likes

Indeed, the ‘someone’ in question is none other than the Demon Hunter Loramus Thalipedes:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Loramus_Thalipedes

His body was ripped apart in four parts and placed back together by the Gnome Blood Mage Kasim Sharim. By using several bloody reagents, along with an Altar of Storms as a vessel, he was able to fully bring him back to life.

Additionally we know that Necromancers can often restore the mangled bodies of their fallen servants back into unlife.

Now, these are not straightforward nature magics per se, so to answer the thread’s query: Regrowing it? No, not that we know of.

But perhaps, you could get creative with ideas on how to, instead of restoring the lost limb, replacing it with another using nature magic.

For example, you could weave an arm or leg out of roots or branches, or a hand in the shape of a Treant’s claw. We know that druids can do this and control them - they do it often enough when they animate Treants or entangle somebody!

Hope you get your limbs back soon, my beefy friend. :leaves:

5 Likes

Blood magic is death magic, so yes, very much!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.