Can someone just explain how this stuff even works?

I just don’t understand these people in the trade chat.

How do they get gold to trade people when they post on a level 1? and you never get a proper reply when you actually whisper them.

Are they just bots, scamm?

It could be a scam, it could be not.

Generally how it works is, you trade gold and they then trade at the offered realm gold to a toon back to you. E.g: You trade 10g at Classic for 10k at Retail (simplified).

In practice this is an unsupported transaction. If you get scammed, you may ticket Blizzard and if they can verify a scam has happened they will remove the gold but not give it back to you.

Additionally, if you’re found to have been traded illegal botted gold, you also get suspended to boot. Make sure that the person you get gold from for a goldtrade swap is reputable and/or is someone you know.

Stay safe!

1 Like

Well, i get that.

It’s mostly like… How do they get the gold on the Realm they are advertising on, since i guess they type this on every server?

In short just move on and ignore as you can never be sure it is legit.

2 Likes

You can trade gold and items cross realm and cross faction now. You need to be in a dungeon for cross faction though. You cannot trade between classic wow and retail, hence the trade offer.

Again listen to @Saneko. If this is someone who is botting in classic to get his gold then it could mean you get a ban.

1 Like