Can someone tell me how this grapgics card will perform?

Seconr one, but when u can- or not cuz its prebuilt.

Ask them if they can put 3200 mhz ram”s

If not, anyway, second one its more performant utility and gaming wise

Dude, where are you getting these numbers from?
Same with the 2060 vs 3060 you said its a 40% improvement with the 3060?

Are you just making numbers up as you go or did you see one benchmark where it performed way better than average and then applied it across the board?

1 Like

if you’re sticking to 1920x1080 resolution any geforce rtx past the 1000 series will be good for you on the majority of monitors
you don’t sound like a minmaxer and considering its becoming a gift from someone I’m not going to assume you have a budget to make changes so yeah
1920x1080 = ezclap good performance on any RTX 2000 series

PC hardware have been my daily hobby for 7 years.
I have watch benchmarks for days after every release.

Which is why I am asking where you are getting your numbers from.
I have watched a ton of benchmarks comparing the performance difference and it is no where near the claims you make.

So feel free to link me the benchmark that says 5600x is 60% more powerful than 3600.
And a benchmark showing 3060 being a 40% improvement over 2060.

And I am not questioning if 3060 and 5600x are better because I know they are, I am questioning your numbers.

I am also not talking about power or heat since it does not translate into gaming performance unless it allows you to overclock it higher.

So I really would like to hear how you came up with your numbers.
If you took price, heat and power into consideration then please clarify that and demonstrate how you reached your conclusion.

1 Like

Check tech gamers bench, it doesnt let me to share it here

2060vs3060

Starts from 18% to 52% in some titles.

Average 20-30% better.

I may have exagerated between 5600x and 3600. But its still 20-30% faster.

Also thermals are verry important, because ur pc will not botleneck , high temps means performance loss.

So if u watch for all ur life bench”s and know so much stuff, u should always take in consideration thermals in a price to performance build, or any build for that matter.

3060 also works better with rtx and is more bullet proof with double vram.

I exagerated the cpu diff, but there is still a big diff betweeb that hardware.

Have a gn

Thanks guys, that’s what I thought. Later at some point I can put in a bigger ssd and 3600mhz ram.

1 Like

You exaggerated both the gpu and cpu.
There is a big difference between 20-30% and 40%.
Especially when the % difference changes depending on resolution.

The benchmarks are also done in a system that tries to eliminate any other bottleneck, making the GPU or the CPU the bottleneck.

In a balanced build you will not see the same bump in performance by just changing one component for the new one.

Sure, assuming that the system is overheating, but that depends on cooling.
If the stock cooler is not enough to cool it then it probably is a poor airflow case or a already hot room, in which case both would probably overheat.

For sure, when there is a significant difference between the two.
But you also need to consider the price to performance of the two components.
Here the 3060 cost 50% more than the 2060 for a 20-30% improvement.
While a 3060ti cost 85% more than the 2060 for a 55-70% improvement.
So the 3060ti would be a better option, but only if the rest of the build is not a bottleneck.
And it cost more, so if they are on a strict budget it doesn’t matter if its better performance and value.
If they can put that money into other components for a greater performance increase then that is gonna be better.

3060 does perform better in rtx naturally, its a newer and faster card.
But I would not get this tier of gpu for raytracing because you will drop below 60fps enabling it in most games.
And there are 2060 12GB but i would never recommend it, because the card isnt fast enough to handle games at the resolution where that much vram would be needed.

But anyhow my issue was with the numbers you claimed not with your recommendation for which component to get.
Claiming higher performance than it actually is might make someone pay more money than they really can afford believing that they are getting a better deal when they are not because they would be paying more per frame.

1 Like

Smoothly?: No, it won’t be able to run WOW smoothly on max settings.

It should however be able to run WOW on high settings with 80-100 fps

I ended up going with rx 6600xt, r5 5600x, 16gb 3600mhz cl17, 500gb nvme m2 and prime b550m-a mb. I am pleasantly surprised with this configuration. It works great.

Now I have a dilemma regarding the 1080 monitor. I don’t know which type is suitable for wow (and games in general), ips, tn or va? I got some philips 144hz va but I’m not sure how much I like it. It seems to me that there is a lot of ghosting in some situations.

2 Likes

TN - Twisted Nematic panels are the oldest and cheapest to produce flat-screen panels. They provide low input lag and high refresh rates, making them the preferred option for eSports. However, at every other usecases they will be flawed, both with colour reproduction and viewing angles.

VA - Vertical Alignment panels is the all-rounder with the better viewing angles and the best contrast ratio, but have slower response times and the latency causes ghosting and motion blur.

IPS - In-Plane Swithing panels provides the better viewing angles and best colour reproduction. With higher response time and refresh rate, it’s only weakness is contrast ratio.

Now as ghosting in VA-panels is an issue for you, give IPS a try. IPS is my go-to option as I prefer colours and response time over contrast ration. That said, high-end VA-panels is bridging the gap between VA and IPS regarding the ghosting issues, so I might be going with VA for HDR-content in the future when the technology is improved.

1 Like

Depends on ur cpu too but I have the same card, I run quality setting 7 (you can’t tell any difference above that 2bh) on 1440p with around 120fps with a rizen 2600x @4.3 (old cpu)

Don’t buy the card for RtX though as it’s not good. Games like Control and Cyberpunk look good but in wow RtX is pointless and u really can’t tell it’s even on as side from halving ur fps.

Asus tuf vg249q (ips, 144hz, 1ms) will arrive in a few days. It should be ok. Never again va (at least not these budget variants) :grinning:

1 Like

i use a rtx 2060 super… currently…

it runs fine.

more than capable for wow. on 1440p

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.