Can something be done about the forums being anything but about WoW

I feel like the forums have seriously derailed and deviated from the posted rules. We have meaningful threads being filled with political and diversity arguments, when rules such as:

Racial / Ethnic

This category includes both clear and masked language and/or links to websites containing such language or images which:

• Promote racial/ethnic hatred
  • Are recognized as a racial/ethnic slur
  • Allude to a symbol of racial/ethnic hatred

If a player is found to have participated in such actions, they will:

• Be temporarily banned from the forums
  • Be given a final warning, after which any further Code of Conduct violations may result in a permanent ban from the forums

Sexual Orientation & Gender Identity

This category includes both clear and masked language and/or links to websites containing such language or images which:

• Insultingly refer to any aspect of sexual/romantic orientation or gender identity/expression (male, female, trans-gender, bi-gender, pangender, genderfluid, agender or any non-binary identity not listed) pertaining to themselves or other players

Exist and are being outright ignored.

We also have people posting a lot of political content, talking about wars and propaganda instead of focusing on WoW when the following rule exists:

The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft

The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion.

And not only are they posted, threads are constantly derailed and turned into something they aren’t supposed to be, repeatedly making people feel defensive and unwelcome in the community when this rule is supposed to exist:

Multiple threads on the same topic will be deleted

When multiple threads cover the same topic we will typically leave one of them open, lock one with an explanation, and delete the rest. This is done to allow other topics to still have a place on the forums. Which thread is left open typically depends on the thread length and how constructive the first post and the thread in general are.

People are constantly beating up the dead horse instead of being on topic and I’m tired of feeling like I have to defend myself against the repeated insults against my identity. I get it, you don’t want to censor people, but you’re willfully ignoring your own rules, Blizzard.

There, I said it. And no, before it’s said, I’m not a DEI hire, whatever that means, and I’m not against straight people. I just want to talk about WoW and not feel like I have a target on my back for just being who I am. I’m a consumer. People should be respected and topics not derailed over petty arguments they’ve been having with the same people for years.

3 Likes