Can´t submit ticket

It is impossible for me to submit ticket to customer support. The button submit is grayed out. My problem is I´ve sent an item to wrong character and I want it returned back.

Did you meant ingame or on the site? I just made a dummy ticket on the site and could submit it. Make sure you’ve filled out all the boxes.

Hello!

I can see you have a ticket opened now. Once a Game Master reaches your ticket, we will look into it for you :slight_smile:

i have the same problem. i keep going around in circles. i want to report a player who is clearly bought accounts merged to increase his Achievement Points. but all i get is i must left click the person in game which i have done. and nothing was done about it. then and also paying for Mythic raid tier to get as many. seems like blizzard doesnt do anything to players if they pay alot into the game now

Except it doesn’t work like that, achievement points will not transfer with an account, and you cannot merge them. All you can do is move an account you own to another blizzard account you own. The names have to match.

you can do it. its abit pricey but it can be done. you by the account you make new account need to be the same name as the the account you bought but this one has your details. then move to your main account.pvp checker website and then look at accounts then have a look at his Alts you will see different accounts atleast 3-4. he also has deleted the chars that have the highest rating on it which was a 2.8 warrior lvl 90. also if you check he has chars now with 8/8 mythic and if you check his logs on the fights. he has clearly payed for the kills. and if he has done that then he has payed for everything else. nothing earned but. also the amount of times he has changed his name. so people dont know it is him.

Please remove the name from your post then report what you think is happening to hacks@blizzard.com