Can the Nvidia QUADRO T2000 be used to play shadowlands

Dear people.

This is a technical question and i hope you can help me out here.

I am in the process of purchasing a new laptop that i also want to use to play.
Due to the world situation and shortage of graphics cards,the AMD 5500m card i ordered can not be delivered, i am now offered a similar setup but it will have a NVIDIA Quadro T2000 in it instead.

Since it is a QUADRO, there is almost no testing done on games, even though it technically is a gtx 1650.
The reason why i bother you with this is simple.
There are no quadro cards listed in your “supported” graphic cards and i would like to know if shadowlands will run ok (on the same level as the 5500m would have done).
Otherwise i will have to wait or find a different option.

stay safe

PS. Yes i know that a quadro is not a gaming card
PPS. Yes i am aware of the differences between a “gaming card” such as a geforce or a radeon and a quadro card.
PPPS. i also know that technically the T2000 is a gtx 1650, but i cant find any tests or anyone who has actually tried playing with it yet.
PPPPS. the reason i got offered the T2000 card is because it is in stock and the AMD is not and the vendor would like to make me happy and get the order out of the way.

If the price is right then it will be fine. Just go with normal drivers and you will have 1650/1650Ti level of performance.

It would not get more expensive, if that is what you mean.
I would even get more ssd space.

Then you are good to go :slight_smile: Quadro cards are the same silicon as RTX/GTX just the firmware enables few extra features that are used by some pro-sumer apps like some CAD apps (although more modern software isn’t relying on those older OpenGL and alike features).

But will it work with WoW?
I dont want to try to log in and the game telling me “Your card is not supported”.
Like i said, there no gaming benchmarks for quadro cards that i can find.
It cant just be because they are not ment to be used for this, but maybe that because they are quadro, that they just wont work at all.
They are not on the list of supported graphics adapters for this game and i dont want to invest in something that then will not work.

Yes. The game doesn’t have a fixed list of GPUs that it supports. Wherever it’s Quadro or not if it’s not ancient it will just work.

Actually it does. https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/31372
Thats why i am uncertain and that is the reason why i started this thread in the first place. ^^

It’s based on DX feature level the game requires not whitelist of hardware it’s only allowed to run on. Quadro are copy-cats of their RTX/GTX counterparts and they just don’t list them as by default Quadro have a high price markup over the consumer variant.

Think of them like Ryzen Pro’s, different market but same thing. It’s the drivers that you install. Installing just Geforce driver will be fine, you just don’t have access to the extra bits here and there that the Quadro offers, but you can if you wanted to test it out with those drivers.

If it works out cheaper to do that right now, get the card.

I have now said yes to the switch.
I will do the testing and note it down in this thread for future reference.
May RNGesus be with me.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.