Can we all agree BFA is the worst pvp expansion?

From the PoV of those who had been able to compete and enjoy random battlegrounds by only playing the content they wish to compete within and enjoy, those who have been able to gear for battlegrounds by doing battlegrounds since at least wrath of the lich king.

The bad far far outweighs the good.

1 Like

I don’t know. When I do Korrak’s Revenge these days, I see lots of players with some really high Honor levels participate.
So seemingly there’s a core of players who find plenty of enjoyment from just playing Random Battleground non-stop.

Of course, that doesn’t mean it can’t be better, but it doesn’t mean it’s the worst either.

Where you want to put it on the scale, positive or negative, is probably in the eye of the beholder. And in my eyes, then Random Battlegrounds have been quite decent this expansion. But that’s just me. To each his own. :slight_smile:

If I could log onto a fresh character, join random battlegrounds, and gradually acquire all the tools I needed compete within said random battlegrounds by just doing battlegrounds then I would agree with you.

But I can’t, and I’d been able to for literally a decade up to this point.

Crafted Starter Gear -> Honour Gear -> Conquest. What was wrong with that?

5 Likes

There was nothing wrong with that, and I’m a big believer in having that kind of isolated PvP character progression again, in one form or another.
So you’re preaching to the choir here. :kissing_heart:

I’m just saying, again, that despite it not existing in BfA, I still think Random Battlegrounds have been pretty good in this expansion, because Blizzard have done other positive things.

This includes that we can say terrible things about PvE and PvP, since we are forced to do PvE to play PvP.

Both are really bad right now and based on the empty realms and this forum, a lot of people seem to agree.

1 Like

Sure. If you’re doing a PvE activity, for whatever reason, and you don’t find it enjoyable, then your reasons why are definitely as valid as anyone else’s.

Why shouldn’t that be the case?

Because I wouldn’t do PvE if I wouldn’t be forced to. So my opinion is pretty biased and shouldn’t be count, since I’m not judging objectively.

That’s why we should only listen to the people who love the aspect of the game they are playing and spend a lot of time with - their opinion matters, not the ones who are doing a random bg every 2 month or played a few skirmishes and think they have any clue of arenas - since this is the sub forum for arena…

3 Likes

:thinking:

Don’t you think the developers – who have designed the game to encourage you to do PvE – would want to know why you don’t enjoy it when you choose to do it?

That seems like valuable feedback.

Whereas that is biased feedback.

See, this is why I don’t take you seriously. Time after time you keep on repeating and thinking it’s all the same complaints, not realising things change. Believe it or not, but removing vendors and putting rating requirements on ilvls affects things.

PvP rewards for casual low rated players have been destroyed. The only reason reason to play on low rated is to get the pvp essence. The only. The gear rewards are a joke.
Hell, with that gear on that priest you should know something about it, but I guess not.

Random bg’s are there for… getting 40 conquest. Honour if you still need the essence. The gear rewards from them are nothing. Vendor trash. Doing wpvp in classic gives better rewards than bg’s today.

The only steady and constant is your ignorance that if you change the basic material reality it will change the entire food chain.

7 Likes

if you’re not rogue, mage, rdruid and dh, then yes, BFA is probably the worst pvp xpac…
To enjoy pvp in wow you have to play rogue or mage, then you’re GUARANTED to always be at the top since you’ll never get pruned, get a sh*t ton of utility, cc, and stuff. ( 15 years straight at the top… that said all)
Other than that there are games out there that requiere more skill than world of warcraft…

I think there’s a segment of players who queue up for PvP on a daily basis simply because they enjoy what the PvP gameplay entails:
Playing a World of Warcraft character in a setting where you get to use your abilities against other players.
Lots of people seemingly find that fun and will do PvP entirely because of that.

Then there’s a segment of players who are more reward-driven, and who will do PvP if it presents them with a rewarding goal to work toward and a sense of progression along the way.

One segment will be very happy to get a cool new map, the other segment will be very happy to get a powerful new item.
And most players will appreciate both.

Blizzard are sometimes good at adding new content to PvP, and other times they’re more focused on the systems side of PvP.
If you look at Random Battlegrounds, then Legion was very systems-oriented, with Prestige and Honor talents. And BfA is more content-oriented, with new Brawls, Epic Battlegrounds, and updates to old maps.
I don’t think one focus is demonstratively better than the other, it likely depends on what you’re looking for as a player.

I’m not sure if the assessment that Random Battlegrounds are only there for 40 Conquest is fair. Maybe it applies to you, but I don’t think it applies in general.

wth man we are saying we are forced to do pve and we hate it since begining of bfa.

2 Likes

Yeah, and I am saying there’s merit to expressing that opinion.

But that opinion shouldn’t really have any baring on the design of pve, is the point.

A lot of people don’t want to pve, this doesn’t mean they want pve to cater more to how they want to play. It doesn’t mean they want raiding to be more accessible. It means they don’t want to take part in anything involves attacking AI controlled entities / NPCs.

Their feedback of “I don’t want to have to do this” is clearly valuable. But only if it leads to them not having to do it in order to enjoy the game.

Given that opinion has been voiced since legion, and was very vocal throughout early BFA, and the response in 8.2 was the essence system, the return of tank trinkets, and the likely re introduction of GUR THALAK in 8.3 for 1h agi users.

I’d say “We don’t want to have to pve” is falling on deaf ears.

3 Likes

That’s all I’m saying.

Seems a bit off-topic, so will just leave it at that. :kissing_heart:

That’s the issue behind it. They want my opinion as feedback about PvE while the more important question actually is: Why does he do content he doesn’t like? What’s wrong with the content he bought the game for?

Sure, it requires a few functioning brain cells to find this transition, but that is something we should expect from a multi-billion dollar company, isn’t it? :slight_smile:

Like every feedback, but the opinion of someone who doesn’t like something in general will always be bad. I mean, if someone doesn’t like the core of something, they would need to change the core - which is impossible.

But if you like the core generally, your feedback has a lot more value. The real objectivity comes from the quantity of opinions then. The most called negative points gives a hint where they should change something, while the most called positive points are something they should deffo keep and not touch if possible.

1 Like

Of course you are happy, you play a bloody destro lock.

1 Like

I don’t think Blizzard’s request for feedback stems from a desire to act on all of it.
Often it’s probably valuable to simply know that less than everyone likes a certain thing.
Some things are popular, some things are not. It’s valuable to know which and why.

I’m sure Blizzard does tend to listen more carefully to their core audiences, as opposed to the general audience. I’m sure the feedback from the raiders who test the PTR carries more weight than the random people who discuss the PTR on the General Forum.

But hence so far as my original point was concerned, these “PvEers” who do a lot of PvP, their enjoyment surely matters as much as anyone else’s, and their feedback surely matters too, because they do a lot of PvP!

The underlying point being that it’s silly to call them “PvEers” and say their opinion on PvP doesn’t matter, if at the same time they do a lot of PvP – competitive and otherwise. Then they’re as much “PvPers” as anyone else here.

The flip-point that your own opinion on PvE shouldn’t matter because you don’t like it, that seems a bit different, because you aim to do as little of it as possible, because you don’t want to take part in it.
These “PvEers” however, they seem to want to take part in PvP and do a whole lot of it. So of course Blizzard should also listen to them. They’re as vibrant a part of the PvP community as the die-hard “I only do PvP!”-players.

Then find ways to encourage those players without alienating the others?

1 Like

Again, you’re preaching to the choir. :yum:
Guess we’ll see what Blizzard’s PvP plans are for Shadowlands as the Beta looms closer. Historically they’ve always changed the PvP design each and every expansion, so I guess it’ll be the same for Shadowlands.