Can we do pvp/arena with staff?

So my char is around 400 and I get four friends of mine to help me run a m+10 so I can loot the weekly chest.

All much excited and then the chest contains a 440 staff. I am loosing really a lot of armor and I have no idea how I can even get a 440 first hand and shield now :frowning: (probably not in this expansion).

How bad is if we pvp without the shield? It will be much more tough against meelee… right?

Alex

You’ll simply be more of a squishy splatter target for melee classes. I think staffs are a big no no in pvp.

1 Like

the problem is that my weekly chest dropped me 440 staff :frowning:

I have a 430 shield and a 415 first weapon. I can do many mythics to get also one 430 first weapon. But should not I prioritize maximum ilevel instead of a shield?
Alex

Yes and no. In pvp having more armor could make all the diffrence when it comes to surviving melee onslaught and winning or losing. In pve I’d go for the staff. No doubt. Good luck and have fun. :smile:

1 Like

Hi Alex,

I am not the pro, but in 8.1.5 or in 8.2 the devs have increased the chance of the shield block, meaning, it is much safer to be against the melees.

You can have the staff for PVE and for the PVP you may switch, or you can also make a macro to change your weapons.

Make it staff when in the distance, and when they come closer switch into shield and main-hand.

Hope I could help you with something at least.

Regards,

1 Like

so we can change weapons during the battle? wow!!! I did not know that
How often people change armor during battles?

Not all people know that, and some maybe forgot because of the Legendary weapons in Legion. (which was not allowing to change the weapons unless its not your spec) but during the Lich, and after, people who were playing enh, were often using this tactic against rogues and etc.

And yes you can change your weapons during the battle.

1 Like

wow. I feel so noob. This is huge man. So you can have like weapons for when you know you will be trained.
How do you write such a macro? I would assume that staff should be when I am against casters and then shield for when I am being attacked from meelee.

1 Like

There is an option to save the gear you are wearing, save both one with shield and staff and second with shield, and then just drag it down to your UI and change as by clicking much as you want :wink:

you do not mean then armor profiles in my character tab? Those I am using but I always thought that these are for before the battle starts (dungeon or arena)

Let me get home I will send you

1 Like

I feel you fellow Shamans. This is massive.

1 Like

I totally forgot Alex, sorry.

Try it

/equip [worn:Two-Hand] 1HWepHere; 2HWepHere
/equip [worn:Two-Hand] ShieldHere
2 Likes

thanks man. I will let you know if I run into problems

1 Like

I would not replace my shield, it gives me 10%block, also are a few staffs in bfa anyway most of the casters i see are using 1hand/off hand

1 Like

Wish I could hit more than 1 like for this comment!

2 Likes

Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.