Can we get rid of the Azerite collecting battleground?

Once and for all? I’m yet to meet a person who enjoys this battleground. It’s tilting, and infuriating… and everyone feels just tired afterwards.

We got rid of Strand of the Ancients (I liked it actually)… so I believe we can get rid of this one too. It’s awful, awful, awful

2 Likes

i would rather have strand back seething shore is just awful

1 Like

exactly, my thoughts.

And it’s not just me… I played a lot of RBG lately and as I said - not a single soul was every happy to be on Seething Shore. :S

why is it bad tho? its just a flag base bg but with a diferent “skin”

They are randomized spawns its not just a flag base bg because flags are fixed points

1 Like

but we know the spots they will spawn

yeah and when you die you can just ress wherever it’s more convenient it’s so stupid. fortnite cringe inspired battleground.

1 Like

But if 3 spawn after you lose a team fight right next to each other you basically lose the game its a terrible bg

1 Like

exactly - random freebies for enemy teams are most tilting.

It’s not even that fun if you get freebies because you know it’s just RNG

I really love this bg,except for azerite nodes’ spawn bug (which happens since SL prepatch). IMO, just give us blacklisting instead

sh*t map, everyone agrees

it’s not that bad other then when you get it several times one after the other

I personally dislike new Deepwind Gorge more, but Seething Shore is definitely my second least favourite battleground. It’d be nice to be able to blacklist up to two regular battlegrounds. I’d blacklist those two forever.

thats a great idea now only if we get rid of ppl who queue for battlegrounds and brawls
but do no objectives honor leech give the opposite team free kills
or make threats to report you for stupid reasons when you lose

cant stand such players for some reason

I have been saying many times, that SotA wasn’t THAT bad, it was just a little clunky. But I have such good memories of SotA, that I wouldn’t mind having it back. It sure beats MANY of current other BGs.

However, Seething Shore is the worst thing ever, I have never liked it even slightly, and I have no good memories of it. It has not tactics or strategy, the jumping down is just a bad idea (you don’t feel in control while falling, and it just prolongs things, what’s the point?), you just basically try to NOT fight so you can gather the PvE stuff… it’s just SO bad in all possible levels, except maybe it looks a bit pretty sometimes.

Almost the worst thing about it is the TALKING NPCs!! BG is the exact wrong place to put talking NPCs!

I understand them in a raid or something, telling some interesting story, creating immersion and mood, atmosphere, and the need to kill a boss, etc. I get that, I have no problem in having talking NPCs in PvE and such. (Though in some dungeons, they get a bit annoying, being overly used and over the top)

PvP ABSOLUTELY does not need some repetitive talking crap over and over. It works in raids and sometimes in dungeons, because those places are very vast, there are interesting bosses, and when you finally get to a boss, it’s like an achievement.

But it doesn’t work in BGs, where it only becomes really annoying really quickly, to hear the same, repetitive thing over and over and over again. Dungeons vary way more than BGs, so it still works in dungeons, and raids are so long, involving, etc. that you never end up bored by the talking NPCs.

Seething Shore commits ALL possible BG sins, except for the pretty graphics. If everything about it was as good as the graphics, I wouldn’t mind. It’d be fun to run around in such a ‘height-diverse’ and pretty beach BG.

I would rather play a losing battle in SotA 32 times in a row without eating inbetween matches, than play even one more Seething Shore. And I am not even exaggerating. I really would.

I concur with the OP, please remove this crap and give us something better, like SotA back (I actually miss it, now that it’s removed forever from our lives…)

Anything is better than Seething Shore, though. I can’t even use the acronym, because it would have really bad historical connotations…

2 Likes

It has similar symptoms; ‘pretty but horrible playability’.

However, the OLD Deepwind George was actually ugly, but very playable. It had a really good balance in tactic and strategy - you focus on bases, whoops, someone takes your cart. You take their cart, ah, forgot that one base. Never get three bases, so it’s a struggle, and the situation can fluctuate a lot before reaching the final conclusion.

You can win that in so many ways, basically ‘stealing their gold’ is a really fun mechanic.

Now we just have a poor man’s version of Arathi Basin (which is a great BG), that doesn’t have any of the good sides of AB, and has all the bad sides.

In AB, you can see very far, and from some places, you can see every base, except GM. So bases have tactical advantage this way. You can also fall from a very high height and take lots of fall damage. The bases are short distance between each other (the perfect distance, really), so you can always get to a base when someone calls inc pretty quickly, and often prevent a cap.

None of this is true for the ‘modernized’ Deepwind George. It’s like someone took everything that was good about AB and removed it, then making the bad sides exaggerated (sometimes AB also has a bit of a distance to travel, and it’s a very ‘stalkable’ BG - if someone decides to stalk you with a fast class the whole BG, chances are, you’ll be in misery, as you can’t escape or prevent the stalkage - in Deepwind George, you can get stalked a lot more, so any slow enough class and you are basically doomed to be stalked and killed long before you reach a base)

There are so many bad ones now…memories of SotA make it feel like it’s a brilliant BG, maybe third or fourth best ever. I mean, comparing to these bad ones…

Yeah, the old DG was so much better. idk why they reworked it. like everything they did PvP-wise (and not only tbh) in BFA it’s really garbage. did anyone really ask for DG to be reworked in a poor man’s arathi?

Seething shore is a really appropriate name for that place
I’ll gladly trade it with strands, I didn’t even hate strands

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.