Can we get the d out of our salad blizzard?

You’ve been neglecting the monk class the entire expansion. I’m just gonna focus on the Mistweavers salad but you’re welcome to point out yours aswell.
Let’s do some comparisons compared to the holy paladin which is a melee healer like us. These examples are not to attack holy paladins but merely just a comparison between the 2 melee healers in the game.
This data is knowledge I caught up on during M progression.

Damage
Currently, with the Ancient Teachings of the Monastery legendary, where you spend the big majority of a fight healing through doing damage. You’d assume our DPS would be reasonable for the time spent attacking. Unfortunately, that is not the case. Look over there on the DPS meters, looks like the holy paladin used ashen hollow and is doing ~6-7K burst. Okay, so they beat us on burst damage. What about the damage dealt over the course of let’s say 5-9 minutes depending on the raid boss fight. We dealt a noteworthy 1.1K DPS while the holy paladin easily did double our damage, around the 2.2-2.4K range.

Healing
Fine, so they got us on damage. We’re said to be the best healers when it comes to throughput however. And to this, I can somewhat agree. But the one thing that’s holding us back from it is mana. You see all these Sun King Mythic videos where Mistweavers pump like 25K HPS Burst, but they have a bunch of innervates and power infusions holding us up. At the end of the healing phase your mana is drained to the core. On other fights, we’re doing about the same healing as other healers, but it definitely feels like we’re costing more mana for the same job.

Raid CDS
So we have 1 raid CD. Revival. Which heals everyone for ~5.7k out of their 41-42K HP Pool (If you’re around 220+) on a 3 minute CD. That’s a 13.5% heal for everyone in your raid, ASSUMING it doesn’t overheal.

But then you have holy paladins who has a 3% DR Aura that you can have a 100% uptime on, and with the 3 minute CD Aura Mastery, you can increase that 3% to 15% DR for the whole raid.

And so you start questioning yourself. If we deal half the damage, heal the same for more mana, and have a Heal CD that has a big part of its heal as overhealing, which shrinks in comparison towards a 15% Raid-wide DR CD, that could save a raid wipe unlike our CD that ‘‘shine’’ assuming the raid damage didn’t kill them in the first place.

Where is our niche, what’s the point of bringing a Mistweaver? The 5% Melee Buff that a windwalker or brewmaster can bring? When was the last Mistweaver present through an entire world first race? Am I paying 15$/month just so I can get to play as a healer who performs worse than the others?

Solutions

1. Buff our damage
  2. Nerf mana costs
  3. Give us an actual raid CD that doesn’t get a third of its healing overhealed.
  4. Give us a niche that makes a raid team want to have you there.

I’ll throw you some wild suggestions.

• Revival: For 7 seconds, your raid members will Stagger all damage. After 4 seconds have passed with stagger, heal everyone for 5700 + 1300 over 3 seconds.

Yes it sounds OP, but it was just an example of a ‘‘Wow, we need a Mistweaver in our raid team.’’
Besides, the healing part is probably lower than the 3% DR Aura over the course of an entire fight.

So blizzard, start communicating. No more radio silence, let’s get some actual work done instead of your FOTM mains having all the spotlights. I’m not paying to have you do me 4 ways on a sunday.

Renewing mist cost changed from 2.2% of base mana to 2.1% of base mana.

Someone really thought 0.1% will resolve the issues

1 Like

They literally buffed WW this patch (after fixing some bugs which led to some damage loss). They didn’t ignore the whole monk class, maybe just mistweaver.

I dont want bug fixes. I want new cool toys to play with . Or a talent tweek of the unused talents . Like chi burst being istant , or Tiger Tail Sweep to have 20 sec cd reduce , and let you cancel the roll so i can style on them boys .

1 Like

I hate to say it because I love my monk, but Blizzard doesn’t like monks and they especially don’t like MW.

Last I heard, 9.1 is bringing a flat 10% damage increase across the board on top of additional Revival (AoE dispels) at higher healing. That’s only two of the things pointed out to me by someone who was keeping tabs on it. I haven’t checked any info out myself but that alone (during a bursting week) gives me a little smile.

Having said that - as someone who levels in healing spec and played all heal-capable classes throughout the years - MW Monk was one of the hardest to enjoy due to the lower overall damage. What I would one-shot with a FS-LB 2second cast as Resto Shaman would require 2 Rising Kicks and a bunch of Tiger Palm spam, and even then it would probably still be alive and kicking me around.

Like any class, it improves a lot with gear, but none of the others I played felt like such a slog while levelling. I’m not even sure that +10% damage by itself will be enough, but it’s a start.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.