Can we please have non-binary gender option?

There’s a toy that can turn you into an elemental. Go do that. Pretty sure earth/fire/wind/water don’t have a gender. :roll_eyes:

15 Likes

People that have an aversion to genders.

Ridiculous notion tbh. I am asexual but I am a male regardless.

3 Likes

You have not paid much attention in the last year then. And calling out toxicity given the tone of your average post is… quite ironic? :thinking:

3 Likes

ehm… no… bye

12 Likes

What is a non binairy? Not 0 or 1?

1 Like

You are Moontear.?

He is not asking you about the technical part of this change, he is asking you about the functional part of this change, basically, what do you expect to be a non-binary gender option in the game? So, imagine for a moment that Blizzard do this, what do you think the option should look like? What do you expect to see in the game if non-binary option is added.

4 Likes

Hi,

As i said , to be able to create a char as non-binary would be a great start. Like i can chose male/female/non-binary.  Probably you will say so how should blizz make that non-binary look like ? 
Well i can say take Abby from TLoU 2 for reference.  If this will create too many tech related problems for blizzard, maybe for start just let me choose my gender non-binary and leave the appearance for now. That would be a good start I'd say.

Remove words male and female, done :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Sorry to have to tell you this, but being non-binary, gay, lesbian, queer, even trans, etc. is all something going on in your head. It often a feeling you can’t escape, or maybe don’t want to escape, but nevertheless - either your body has a Y chromosome or it does not, and when you create a character, it is that which you select. At best you could select some androgynous features.

The mind of your character is you. That’s the whole point of a game like this. You can make your character’s personality anything you want; and you can even do it while pretending not to roleplay. Or just be LGBT and carry that through to the character - the game doesn’t stop you!

If you feel like your character should be treated as nonbinary, you are free to tell other players that, and it will probably happen.

As far as sexual expression is concerned, much of it can become overtly sexual. WoW does not go there - at least not the pleasure aspects of it, and I’m afraid the only sexual relationship that has more than a pleasure and self-identity aspect to it is the heterosexual ones - it is the only that produces children. A wide selection in transmog allow you to do non-binary things, though. You can totally dress up a male in womanly clothes or vice versa.

The best they can do, in my opinion, is to provide body sliders for the size of abs or breasts, and of course body sliders for other things, too, so you can go more androgynous.

24 Likes

Also er…that would be pointless. I mean I am 99% certain this is Weekend Troll posting, but that isn’t how Non-binary works. Your character would still have been born as one of two sexes, just the same way that non-binary people are in our world.

So you have your option already. I mean you literally have the same option that non-binary people do in real life. In fact you actually have more agency, because when making a WoW Character you -choose- your character’s sex. You don’t get to choose your sex as a freshly rolled level 1 human in World of Real Lifecraft…

4 Likes

Contrary to my avatar – I am not a two-foot-tall fox, nor even a furry. I’m a Joe Soap who likes to heal dungeons in this fantasy world created by Blizzard which, despite brushing on some real-life factors, is not here to emulate reality or provide people a means to replicate themselves for maximum personal relatability.

Ask for it to bend to this whim and we may as well ask for it to bend to every whim.

3 Likes

Therazane.

Mate are you trying to tell me that I’m mentally ill or something? I mean telling me something is going on in my head is , i dont understand can you please elaborate?

Something going on inside your head merely means something you experience that has no bearing on reality outside of it. An opinion is in your head, but that doesn’t mean your opinion is an illness.

Mental illness has often become synonymous with strange personality, I find. It’s a woolly field.

Ill implies there’s something wrong. Do you think there’s something wrong? If you do, then perhaps you are. Make your own choices, but make sure you understand them.

9 Likes

Thank you for explaining, really appreciate that.

Your sexuality irl is something you are born with not a choice to make though .
People who are transgender have to go through very tough test’s in order to pass them before they can have there final op’s to fully transcend.
You have to be deemed mentality fit and sane .

3 Likes

Gross :frowning:

2 Likes

What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

We like to think so. It may be so. But we have no evidence that it is. We don’t really know.

But, actually, I find that unimportant other than for academic reasons. It’s your body, your mind, your choice. That’s all that matters. I’m liberal like that.

But just as importantly you must understand that the choice you make may rob you of your virility or fertility and will put you on medication for the rest of your life. This is a technological constraint, and you must understand that before you take the plunge. That is essential. That’s why we do all those tests - to make sure you won’t regret it, because you can’t.

Once we get IRL WoW barbershops I’m sure the regulations will fall away to the point where you can get a reassignment surgery in the local Costco. xD

1 Like

The fact that you think people are not born that way tells me all I need to know to dismiss your thoughts on anything regarding body and mind, to be quite honest.

1 Like