Can we shutdown all content that requires more then 3mins to be able to START playing it, please?

Hi,

All my posts are related to PvP, and while I waited years and years to have a Solo Queue for PvP arena in order to not waste 20-30min in the LFG, you finally caved in and build Solo Shuffle but made a MUCH worse experience.

So as we speak I am in a queue for 25min, and rarely a queue pops under 15min.
In this mode the losses feel so god damn hard and frustrating since I then have to wait another 15-30mins for another queue to pop. Please rework the damn queue algorithm, put all in dps, don’t care, anything that could make this queue not take more then 1 min to pop.

Plunderstorm is the perfect example of how a PvP game should feel, you lose, you exit and in the next minute you’re out in the field, battleing again. Not watching you screen for 30mins in order to play MAXIMUM 10mins.

To pay a sub in order to wait to be able to pay, it is mindblowing, and every 2-3 months I resub, I end up with the same miserable feeling waiting for the queue to pop. Hell admit it doesn’t work, close the modes down, and that is it. OR FIX IT.

4 Likes

A friend’s queue today wasn’t so fast

I don’t know if that is due to the MMR. Other friends still have super fast queues who are just doing their renown gridn.

It happend to me and a friend 2 times in the 2nd day of Plunderstorm release. Turns out a quick exit/close client and reopen fixed it both times.

Well, the queue that I talked earlier started at the 31MINUTE. so like 30-60 Plunderstorm queues :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wondered if that might happen as more people hit renown 40. It was largely what drove me to power through this in the first few days.

(You have good looking friends!)

1 Like

I’m still getting in within seconds pretty much any time of the day

It is only because its a limited time event .if it was permanent you would had seen long queues after a month or so . It all depends on population .
The pve population is many times bigger then that of pvp in this game .
An unpopular opinion of course but pvp players are much better cattered in games like overwatch 2 where the main focus is always on pvp .

That’s good. I don’t wish queues on anyone. The only current WoW thing that I feel is worse than playing Plunderstorm is having to wait in a queue to play Plunderstorm.

It is the same thing with people that are asking for m+ queue because they have to wait 30-40 mins in the finder.
It it not blizzard’s design, it is the choice of players that want to play dps and not heal.

To be fair, this is how healers play. They join, they play, either win or lose, and then go again.

Well, you always have the choice to go healer, but you choose to wait for the queue to play dps.

There is no easy way to fix it. You can ask yourself what would blizzard have to do to make you switch to healer for solo shuffle.
Other choice is to create another queue with NO HEALERS, but that would have no balance at all, and probably a worst experience.

I guess blizzard cannot win at all. People whine for having to make their own groups, then bliz introduces a queue and people whine for having long wait times. I have no idea what players expect.

I don’t necessarily disagree, but I think there are design elements that turn players away from healing. Examples include some of the M+ affixes (ultimately, all of them somehow become the healer’s problem) or the need for a second set of gear when not healing (see resto vs elemental shaman stat priorities).

I could even argue that the relative lack of one-shot mechanics in the content done by most players is a design issue as the healers’ ability to fix even severe mistakes of DPS players leads to the expectation that healers do compensate for everyone’s mistakes, but I’m not sure I really feel that way.

That aside, though, I don’t actually think there is a shortage of healers in the game, just a shortage of healers who want to heal in PUGs. And if we do heal in PUGs, we can cherry-pick.

Exactly, some like:

• Healer fantasy. Can be quite personal but generally speaking, people tend to gravitate towards dps.

• Non competitive unless in raid (you do not compete vs other healers in m+ runs, while dps do, which creates a feeling of urgency and progression).

• Importance of role makes it not so accessible to new players (which also tanks share this issue).

To be fair, back in s1 where there were no one shots, it was worse for healers, because there were some real hps checks and their job was way harder. Now it is somewhat better because, while they cannot really help other players with one shots, they also do not get any blame for that.

Spot on!

Yeah, I’ve been saying the same thing. Requiring a healer in Solo Shuffle is stupid. Not only because healing isn’t fun, nobody wants to heal in PvP, and therefore the queue times are really long, but also because healing in PvP just feels bad for everyone.

I hate how HP bars bounce up and down all the time. It makes damage output feel so meaningless. The only way to kill people is to coordinate CCs and damage burst windows perfectly so that one can focus damage on one target while the enemy healer cannot make HP bars bounce back up. It feels so lame.

Solo Shuffle should be DPS only, and each match should be a fight until the last person stands.

Well, don’t you think that I haven’t tried that, I just suck at it, it feels like a total different game, and more a game I don’t enjoy.
I’ve leveled my disco priest and even tried my pally, but I am not made for that, and until Solo Shuffle, I have never touched healing in my life.

The thing goes like this: I activate the sub, usually 60days, the I play for 1 week to recover, be on real time with the quests and zones and the conquest gear and I barely push miself because of the damn queue times. Then I stop playing after max2 weeks, for 2-3 months, then rinse and repeat. Conclusion: Nostalgy and my wishfull thinking of Solo Shuffle queue times being low are what makes me come back over and over in this addictive loophole that always ends with feeling miserable.

Well, maybe someday I will forget the 19 years since I play this, and finally put the gravestone on it.

I would have that then pay for a monthly fee and wait 20-30mins in queue for a god damn 10mins play of SS. At least in that chaos, being it win or lose, I will forget about it fast since the queue pops. But now in SS, a lose feels like 5 because of that damn queue time. And btw, it is not like the current SS with healer in it is like 2000+ 3v3. It is the same clowfest zug zug in 80% of the time.