Can you sue Blizzard?

Of course. That is entirely true.

But that doesn’t automatically mean whats in Blizzards EULA is illegal. If you claim it to be illegal, please provide relevant source documentation and present to Blizzard.

Sure. But there have actually been some cases were people sued and passages in big companies eula’s were rejected here in germany. Companies tend to write in anything they like because a private person is unlikely to try to sue them. It really is a net positive to write something illegal in when the risk is low.

1 Like

What would you be suing for ?

You don’t own or have any rights to anything at all.

What you pay for is a limited licence to ‘use’ their product which also comes with a mass of “do’s and don’ts” in the shape of the ToS which you agree to on making a account. the account is for access only, you do not and never will own or have any rights to anything, no matter how much money you throw at the game NOTHING is ever yours.

The TLDR is they can stop your access for any reason and at any time whenever they want and don’t even need to provide a reason, that’s in the ToS and YOU agreed to it.

1 Like

Pretty sure it says that blizzard owns everything

No, this isn,t america in wich you can sue microwave producers because you microwaved your cat. As long they don’t end it suddenly and in a scummy way it is in their right. They are blizzes assests and property

Let me just tell you this real quick:

Blizzard owns all of your items and characters.

Have a good one.

In relation to the subject of being sued they have a lot on their plate, with many suing them over a certain October/November announcement to which led to many losing money. The loot box as well within the EU , so do not worry their being sued by plenty of people around the world. Theres a high chance they will lose these cases to which many people may have a smile and a bit more money in their pockets.

Ah, gotcha, you didn’t read the terms of use before accepting. :wink:

While I think your whole thread is not that serious, I suppose Blizzard might keep some servers running for good will of their customers. Without software maintenance, but at least give a small option to look at your characters and play a little (probably not much multiplayer anymore, when there is no new content anymore however).

You sign the dotted line to say you are willingly paying them for a service (even if said ‘service’ is basically to just play their game) that they hold all the rights to.

In short, you can sue them if you like, but it’ll cost you an arm and a leg (and various organs from you and your relatives) - and you won’t get anywhere for it.

Can you? …prob … but NO lawyer with any kind of brain will take that one on.

And hell in the 0.0000000000001% chance you find a lawyer who would take it … it would with 100% chance end in you losing.

Fixed it for you.

are you actually 13 or just mentally?

Take on an army of lawyers? I got this I googled up law before! :joy:

1 Like

Found you a book to help :laughing:

2 Likes

Thats it! This is what I need! First Blizzard, then the world!!

1 Like

2 Likes

He has a god point here puting aside everything else.

Would be sad for one day all your work to just simply be gone like they do on a lot of games.

In my opinion which most of you won’t agree including “blizz” and that is after the closure of the game it can be nice to turn it in to a sandbox for yourself or make the characters available for use on private server.
Maybe I didn’t give the brightest suggestions but something like this could be awesome for those that want to have them like a virtual memory or just want to have the feel of wow after a while.

Also could be nice to have sent a statue of a favorite character to every player but that would end up in a expensive action that is not worth it. Maybe a free pass or nice substantial reward in the next upcoming mmo that will never happen.

Bottom line we can just let it go call it a nice memories with friends that we had at once and go on.

Yes you can sue Bliz for whatever but whether you win or not is another matter.

It’s alright though fam, I’ve watched Boston Legal and Daredevil so I know everything about the law so just pay me an excessive amount of cash then we can overhaul the system run by the reptillians.

Of course people will be sad when the game closes but that doesn’t mean there is any legal standing in claiming you own Blizzard’s pixels :wink:

The character you are playing it s not even yours…:rofl:

You are just borrowing from Blizzard with a monthly fee…:joy:

So good luck with the sue…:crazy_face:

1 Like