Cannot access account

Hi
My wife cannot access her account at all. Her tablet had to be reset and she doesn’t have a recovery code for the authenticator. The website says you can temporarily remove the authenticator, yet asks for an authenticator code to do that, so we’ve been going around in circles. She tried raising a ticket yesterday without logging in, but has received no response so far. Can someone from Blizzard help?

Ty

1 Like

She can remove it here https://battle.net/support/help/product/battlenet/316/977/ (if the link doesn’t work try it again a few times seems like the support site sometimes gets stuck and doesn’t bring you to the right page)

To verify her identity it requires either having a phone number attached to her account or a secret question set up (or an authenticator, though considering the case it’s obviously not a viable option).

If she has neither then she’ll be required to submit an ID according to this article

This would be fine if I could actually use the ridiculous circle of uselessness that is the Battle.net customer support website. I’ve had to open up a ticket from my account because they sent my wife an email from a noreply address and the link that points to the ticket in the email opens up the website at login details. She can’t log in! She’s a paying customer and deserves better than this. Now we have to wait another 24 hours for a response.

The problem with that is they cannot help from your account, and there is a way to make a ticket if you cannot login.

You do realise it’s against the rules to not keep your details for your account up to date?

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/help/product/battlenet/316/977/solution

Hey Nedriar!

Since it seems to a common concern, I’d like to assure you that logging in to any account to submit a ticket is never required. There should always be an option to continue without logging in. However, our Support team may insist on additional ownership verification for these types of tickets (e.g., a copy of ID), and it is very important that we receive enough information to be able to locate the account. Current or former email addresses, Battletags and in-game WoW character information would be the easiest ways they can locate the account in question.