Cannot get Khadgar's Discovery quest in Dalaran

The post subject says everythin : Cannot get Khadgar’s Discovery quest in Dalaran.

I ran the script command :

/script print(C_QuestLog.IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(39985))

where 39985 is the id of the Khadgar’s Discovery quest. The command returns “false”.

Hence I expect to be able to get that quest when I arrive at Archmage Khadgar’s in Dalaran. Yet I don’t.

In fact, there’s no way for me to pick that quest up. (I am into Insurrection to recruit NightBorne race as allies for the Horde, and this blocks me.)

I’ve alreadfy consulted wowhead comments regarding this quest but nothing helped, and they advise to report this as a bug – which I am doing.

Could you please help ?

Data :

• I am non-boosted lvl 60 reknown 76 blood elf frost mage.
  • I’m actually into the following quests : “Trading Favors: Theater of Pain”, “The FInal Pieces”, “Storming the Sanctum” and “Tazavesh: Raiders of the Lost Artifact”.

PS : anyone else had the same issue ?

Did you properly do the Legion intro (you need to at least start the chain and skip the scenario when given the option) or did you just learn the teleport and went to Dalaran? You might also need to unlock the class hall but I’m not sure about that.

Edit: according to wowhead you’ve already done quite a few quests in Suramar so I don’t see why you’d need this quest. Just go to Suramar, turn trivial quests on and continue where you’ve left.

I didn’t do properly the intro legion (I am doing it now). Yeah, i did a lot of quests recently in Suramar, basically to be able unlock the “Insurrection” quest/chapter to be able ultimately to recruit Nightbornes as an Horde allied race), and I am obliged to also complete the Khadgar’s Discovery quest for this. Hence my question.

I don’t know if you need to do the intro properly, but it shouldn’t take too long anyway.

I suggest you look for Friends on the Outside as this seems to be the next quest you need to do. If you can’t find it, go back and do the intro.

You can use the wowhead completion tracker to see which quests you have done or not.

And if you haven’t used it already, there is this Suramar guide.

Ok, I did the whole Legion intro quest properly, teleported back to Dalaran and still had the same issue. Also, the “Friends on the outside” quest doesn’t appear for me.

Hmm. Well I’m sorry if I sent you doing that for nothing but I couldn’t be sure.

Looking at the wowhead page I think the location of the quest “Friends on the outside” is wrong. Try looking around the waning crescent/southwestern suramar city. Also make sure it isn’t on your quest log already.

No worries, I did the Legion year ago with another (now lost) account, it was the occasion to bring back nice memories and cinematics ! :wink:

Hmm, regarding “Friends on the outside”, no trace of it in whole Suramar, nor in the purple City south to Suramar …

This is a real bug …

Hey there Misesenforce,

If you go back to the comment you linked on Wowhead and check for quest #2 in the Highest Rated comment, you’ll see why you can’t find Khadgar’s Discovery. :slight_smile:

Khadgar’s Discovery is a breadcrumb quest. Breadcrumb quests will not be offered if you’ve already found your way to the place they are trying to lead you. Having the next quest or “real” start to a chain completed would stop you seeing the quest at all.

Glad to see you got it sorted through, good luck with the rest of the story line.

Yeah, finally I prefered to “listen” to what my quest tracker in the game was telling rather than to the guides. I discovered, horrified, though that for the completion of Insurrection I needed the completion of 10 world quests in Suramar, and I don’t see world quests on the map, so that I am really forced to do the Uniting the Isles reputation quest where I must achieve friendly reputation in four other faction than in The Nightfallen. I though and remembered that some 7.x.y patch removed the reputation requirement for the whole Insurrection questline, but apparently, either I am doing something wrong or I was wrong … The more I complete stuff toward Nightborne Allied Race, the further away the completion goes … :frowning:

EDIT : this last problem led to a new bug report :

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/friendly-requirement-came-back-in-effect-for-uniting-the-isles-is-this-a-bug/319849