Cannot login. Error WOW51900319

Have had problems since Sunday 8th. First of all it started hanging when i changed character and then wouldn’t let me log in at all.
First attempt gets me back to client screen with no error but subsequent ones give me the 319 error. Gets to logging into server but then back to client.
Running Linux so suspect it similar to other problems reported. Tried the ttl fix - no luck, delete cache/wtf/interface - no luck. Managed to get in once about 5pm bst but very laggy and when I tried flying to Drustvar it was instance not found and I drowned (twice) as I couldn’t move or anything. Chat still worked :slight_smile:

Run winecfg (or if you’re using Lutris, right-click and select “Wine configuration”) then go to the “Staging” tab and check/enable “Hide Wine version from applications”.

This worked for me, but nothing else I found suggested on forums (TTL fix, MTU fix, using a VPN) did.

Blizzard seems to have accidentally (I hope?) targeted Linux users with whatever “fix” they cobbled together to deal with the recent DDOS attack. Hopefully they can come up with something better soon, although I haven’t noticed any side effects from hiding my Wine version yet.

Afraid that didn’t work for me, but it got me a new error 51914003
Suppose I’ll have to recheck everything and try a free VPN to check that option.

Hmm. I’ve gotten a few “streaming error WOW51900322” disconnects in the meantime, but I’ve been able to log back in each time. Here are all the things I did, in case it’s some combination of them that matters:

• sysctl net.ipv4.ip_default_ttl=128
  • ifconfig eth0 mtu 1460 (change eth0 to your actual interface name)
  • winecfg > Staging > Hide Wine version from applications

(I also updated my router’s firmware and powercycled my modem, but those probably didn’t have any effect.)

I’m normally connected to a VPN (NordVPN) and that’s working, but it also works if I disconnect from the VPN.

I’m launching WoW from the Battle .net app, and I’m launching that from Lutris. I haven’t tried launching anything directly myself, so I don’t know if any of the stuff Lutris is doing (custom Wine build, environment variables, and whatever the “Lutris runtime” is) is having an effect.