Cannot play wow classic. PC user

I can play live no problem however with classic I log into battlenet then stuck on endless loop of…
update- updating- “please try again after logging on as an administrator BLZBNTAGT00000841”

I literally cant believe that me and loads of others have to suffer this as paying customers. its been going on for a week now. any ideas what i should do apart from unsubscribing?

1 Like

probably not the answer you looking for but have you tried removing battle.net and reinstalled it? as you dont need to removed the already installed games just need to relocate them when reinstalling the battle.net client or change SSD/HDD location to install stuff on, otherwise might have to reinstall the whole computer as a last resort as i havent get this issue on my many years of using the bnet client

The above advice is NOT RECOMMENDED right now, as a few people who tried this, were not able to reinstall it at all.

Also… Recommending reinstalling an entire PC… REALLY???

Can you launch it from a different platform? Twitch etc.

This was an issue with the Battle.net app and a hotfix was made but some people are still encountering the issue - US Forum topic:

There are some ideas in there you could try but it may also be worth trying this simple step first too. Head to your Documents folder and if you have a HOTS or SC2 folder in there, you should try deleting these and see if that resolves the problem you’re encountering. It sounds odd I know, but it has fixed some of the issues people have been reporting with this error.

You could also try creating a New Administrator account.

Another thing to ask, if you create an MSINFO, is the file blank or saying “Can’t Collect Information”?

If it is blank then try these steps, do not do them if your MSINFO has normal data in:

1. Press Windows+Q and type this into the search bar that pops up:
  • cmd
  1. Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator
  2. Enter the following commands into the command prompt window one at a time. Press Enter after each command. Any time you get a confirmation prompt, confirm the prompt. One of the commands may also tell you the WMI service is already started. This is okay.
  • net stop winmgmt
  • winmgmt /resetrepository
  • net start winmgmt

Now, exit the command prompt and restart your computer, then retest running the Battle.net application.

Could you specify what ideas from that forum are promising for Windows Users?
I try whatever I can find, but nothing seems to work. Also the mentioned Hotfix is 2 days ago and I have been having continuous problems.
I do not understand how a new Admin Account could help, considering nothing has changed in my Admin settings and only the latest Hearthstone patch triggered this Bug.
The MSINFO file is normal for me.
What do I do now?