Can't auto attack, cast spells, can't use items

So today I ran into the problem multiple times where my hunter suddenly was unable to do anything.

I can’t auto attack mobs, I can’t use skills, I can’t even hearthstone. At first I thought maybe an addon was blocking, so I disabled everything, reloaded UI… nothing.

Like I can walk around, my party can see me and go into combat, but I will just stand there and not doing squad. Ironically my pet still gets in on the action.

The only way to fix this is to relog, but this has happened multiple times already… like wtf?

Also, where the hell did ticket options go in the help menu? Its impossible to open a ticket and speak with a GM these days?

Try a full interface reset. If an addon has some corrupted data simply disabling it wouldn’t help.

This made no difference. Even after resetting my interface and playing without addons my hunter still stops attacking after a while.

I did try /startattack and that is the only way to actually do auto attacks but skills, items etc. are still unusable after a while. Right clicking a mob also does nothing.

Do keep in mind this is not constant, it just happens after a while of playing, no idea why.

As long as you removed the WTF, cache and Interface folders or renamed them, not just turned the addons off then your next step is to open a ticket.

It really does sound to me like your settings for that character stored in World of Warcraft_retail_\WTF\ Account\AccountName\RealmName\CharacterName\ are corrupted, try deleting the Characters folder.

If its not retail then put the right game there instead.

I would have opened a ticket in the first place but I could not for the love of god find how in the customer support page. Every option I tried pointed me here… Back in the day you could open a ticket in 2 clicks… these days they hid it so far down a specific path it is impossible to find -.-

Talk about customer support.

I made an edit can you try removing the character folder?

There is a “not listed here” option somewhere, I can’t remember where though.

I already did that, that is part of the page that Chronormi posted. I exited the game, deleted WTF, Interface and Cache and then restarted the game.

Everything is fine for a couple of minutes, but after that the hunter just stops working just like it did with addons.

I will see if I can find the ticket option somewhere in hidden in the menu.

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/187/ticket

is the not listed here option. Make sure to say what you have done so far to try to fix it.

Hello Jizak, I can see that you have a ticket in and that your situation differs greatly from what could be considered normal play, which is why Chronormi’s suggestion would not have worked for you.

Please await a reply from support :slight_smile: