Cant bind tilde key (the one below esc) (solved)

Hello,

I cant assign my tilde key to any keybinds. When I try to bind an action and press the tilde key, the game doesnt register the key press.

I can use the key when im writing (§ symbol), but I cant bind it to anything.

Some info:

• I’m using Swedish layout on my keyboard
  • I’m using the Classic Wow client.

This has worked for me before. I always use this key to mount up. Now I can’t bind it.

What do?

Edit:
I managed to fix it. Turns out my System language (not display language and not the Input language) was set to Japanese, so once I changed that, I got it to work again.

Thank you for sharing that with us here, hope the information can help someone in the future. :slight_smile:

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

But not people from Japan.:sweat_smile:

Sorry for necroing this but I have the same problem. I can’t figure out how you define “system language”. From where did you adjust this? The only options I find is for display- and input language and there are no other language packs installed apart from Swedish.

And I’m also sorry to necro this thread. I stumbled upon this issue tonight after reinstalling my PC.

Just like the original poster, I was able to solve it by changing the system locale.

For anyone coming here from Google:
Run intl.cpl > Administrative > Change system locale

I had checked the box that says Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support. After unchecking that and just having it on English (United States) I could successfully bind my tilde key :slight_smile:

I can confirm the issue is related to “Beta Unicode bla-bla-bla” checkbox. Unchecked it, restarted system and the problem gone.

The unchecking part is confirmed and working for me aswell! As far as the language goes, I set it to Swedish and it also works fine!

Please do not bump a very old post like this one.