Cant click anything

After i right click my Frame, i cant do any selection after. The selection frame just disappears after i left click anything. So it also goes for group finder, i write the dungeons first like few letters and try to click on for example Atal Dazar (Mythic), selection just disappears, and doesnt search for it. i.paste.pics/ba68020ec0f29880055f0ad25629e54c.png After i click it, nothing happens. This is third time i writing this since patch day, hope to finally get an answer. Support ticket also is not answered. I tried removing all addons, repairing game, nothing works at all.

It may not be an Addon issue, however can I ask have you tried any general Mouse Troubleshooting?

If not can you try the steps here, they may resolve the problem youā€™re experiencing.

already done t all. only thing how i can press on stuff now is only by holding ctrl

Same problem here. Did everything you pointed up there: repairing the client/disable addons/your solution and none is working. The ctrl thing, which Xeno mentioned, is working (thanks for that, a little help till itā€™s solved). Also selecting by tab and then pressing enter is doing the job.

Freinds had that issue you can go to your chat box on the lower left then right click on general ,and make interactive to click on items in chat again.
sometimes its turned off by rightclicking wrong time i guess
so chat window right click general then make interactive and you back in bussines=)

6 Likes

Sadly itā€™s not the chat problem, itā€™s everywhere, when I want to send mail and pick a character, when I want to select someone from the list when writing in /w or when selecting dungeon/raid difficulty, for example: I write ā€˜eternā€¦ā€™ and list shows up. Iā€™m selecting by mouse clicking the one I want and it doesnā€™t react.
Also, had the interactive option on all the time.

logged in today, after this tonz of resets day its fixed, works again, so it want issue on our end, it was on game. But its still not fixed completely. It works on some stuff, and on some it still doesnt.

problem still exists

I donā€™t know if this is related, but I canā€™t right mouse click to turn anymore, it makes me want to quit playing. I tried everything already, itā€™s driving me mad. The RMB just stops working in the middle of my movement, itā€™s literally impacting everything I do in the game.

5 Likes

iā€™ve reinstalled the game without addons. iā€™ve tried 3 different miceā€¦ iā€™ve tried your solution list and even some on reddit forums without any luck. itā€™s not on our side. this is a problem that happened right after patch 8.3

It could be something else, what I want you to do is to head into your Windows Settings > Ease of Access > Keyboard

In here make sure that Sticky Key, Toggle Keys and Filter Keys are all ā€œOffā€. They can sometimes cause the issues described here.

I still want to say itā€™s addon related, so you may want to make sure you delete the Cache, WTF and Addons folder again, then go through the following steps:

1. Log into the broken character and type each of these commands into chat, then log out safely - if you DC or the client crashes, repeat this step.
    /console synchronizeConfig 0
    /console synchronizeSettings 0
  2. Navigate to the folder for the character who is having problems:
    \World of Warcraft\Retail\WTF\Account\YOURACCOUNTNAME\SERVERNAME\CHARACTERNAME
  3. Delete this characterā€™s ā€œconfig-cache.wtfā€ file
  4. Log into the broken character and type each of these commands into chat, then log out safely - if you DC or the client crashes, repeat this step:
    /console synchronizeConfig 1
    /console synchronizeSettings 1

If you continue to have errors, an addon or macro may have changed a console variable. You can reset this by typing the following command into your in-game chat box and pressing enter. You may receive a permission error, but the command will still work.

/console cvar_default

1 Like

Iā€™m gonna necro this because I just found out what was causing this issue for me:
A program called f.lux
Happened in retail as well as classic but without f.lux itā€™s gone :slight_smile:
Iā€™m just using Windows nightmode now ( wasnā€™t around yet when I started using f.lux)

3 Likes