Can't connect to in game voice chat - VoiceError: 1

Microphone tests OK but when I try to join a voice channel it never manages it, I just get the symbol of the circles shooting back and forth across a headset forever. Trying to change to a different channel returns (VoiceError: 1) and so far I have been unable to turn up any information about this.

3 Likes

Ditto error pattern for me :confused: did you find a solution?

Hello there :slight_smile:

Can you please go to Task Manager and look for a process called: WorldofWarcraft Voice Proxy.
If it is there, highlight it then click the End Task button. (you may need to click More Details on Task Manager to see all the running processes)

Re-launch Blizzard Application and test the voice chat again ingame.

I would also recommend doing a full UI reset! Just keep in mind it will wipe your addons.

Additionally make sure Exclusive Mode is disabled: https://support.blizzard.com/article/000197796.

2 Likes

So, during the last few days me and a few of my friends have been having an odd issue with the ingame voice chat.
We cant connect to it, only by luck one of us might get through.

There is this headset picture in the pane and you only get those running three dots in it (I believe this means, that the client is trying to connect to a server?)
And when trying to change to a different “server” you only get "VoiceError: 1)

Any help would be appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have this issue since TODAY.

Last night, despite Battle-net being DEAD like a fish out of water and people logging to empty friendlists, voice still worked, even when guild chat stopped.

Today, on app start I had to find the WoW install folder again, and voice just won’t connect. It just shows the dots for connecting for a while, then drops.

And NO, nothing on my end changed. I checked both the PC and my router… just a standard IP change as on most ADSLs. Every OTHER piece of software to do with the net is absolutely fine, too - just this one isn’t.

I suppose it’s good our guild still uses Discord.

1 Like

Hello everyone!

I have merged the two threads as they seems to be about the same error. Can you please try the steps I suggested in the post above?

And let us know in case it did not help :slight_smile: Thank you!

Everything the others already wrote sounds familiar.

• Problems with bnet Friendlists, People not showing as online when they are, or showing online when they aren’t etc.

Had that a couple of days ago. Thought it was just bnet misbehaving as it seemed to work again a day or two later

• Problem with not being able to connect to Voice channels ingame or through the bnet client

Yep, still have that. By now it is up to chance if me or my friends can connect or get into an endless loop and VoiceError: 1.
Sometimes it works and it runs perfectly fine, you get into Guild or Group Voice until you relog, which usually means that you won’t be able to get back into Voice.

Killing the WowVoiceProxy process as Yenredyn suggested worked once or twice but does nothing most of the time.

Closing both the game and the bnet client, making sure that none of the processes are still running and starting the game/client again can help but usually does nothing.

Do i even have to mention that resetting your UI does nothing to fix a connection issue with the WoW Voice client?

Trying to use the Voice Channels in the bnet clients Social tab has worked for us until 2 days ago where we kept timing out while connecting (dots running over the headset icon until they stop and you hear the sound that indicates that you dropped out of a channel).

So every day and every relog it is trial and error which voice channel works, if any.

This is really annoying.

Had lots of friends reporting that this issue has been very common over the past few weeks.