Can't find a pet battle

Average wait time 43 sec
Time in queue 6 h 10 min

And we have pet battle bonus week… What’s wrong with this game?

What is wrong with WoW is a REALLY long subject :stuck_out_tongue:

What is wrong with pet PvP is not quite so long, but still has a lot of complexity. Really, we’ve hashed it out several times, and it takes a considerable amount of background and understanding to grasp.

If you want the Twitter take there are two main factors that are changeable a) rewards are insufficient and b) at any given time, the “Meta” - the set of pets that are both Powerful+Easy-To-Play - is small, making the experience boring.

HOWEVER, fixing those two things is not simple, because the obvious fixes would cause fatal side effects.

I doubt I’d have to take off my shoes to count the number of people, both sides of the Atlantic, who would actually do pet PvP as it is now.

The Lost Souls who are suffering in the queue are mostly those who will escape only when they get whatever Achievement they are going for.

It’s too late now but…
Two other things contribute to scarcity.
One is an unenclosed number of battlegroups, and only a person from the same battlegroup can be picked. Whether it’s CRZ, datacenter or something else no one is sure.
The other is, the queue can also bug out.
It is premised that people who are dropped out of the queue (due to AFK, being mounted on multi-seater/flight path, etc) leave a ghost in the available player pool which obstructs the browsing process.
Thus the good old “Have you tried to turn it off and on again?” applies there.

Gráinne summed it up for me quite nicely: the rewards are insufficient. It’s simply not worth the effort.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.