Cant install Classic

Hi There

I am currently having an issue where I cannot locate the installation for the classic wow client for the stress test .

Things I see :
Ptr
WoW 1 eu BFA

I have also checked under install/update under settings and to no avail is there a classic option.

I am unsure if anyone else is experiencing this problem and if you have solved it please let me know.

<3

Hello MĂŻntberry,

Have you tried reinstalling the app?

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

Hi Kiemmaki

I have tried reinstalling the app.

Is there supposed to be a seperate drop down menu that will say World Of Warcraft Classic

The current drop down I have is as follows :
Region / account
PTR : World of Warcraft
WoW1 (Eu) : Battle For Azeroth
Wow 2 (US) : World Of Warcraft

Please let me know if i may be doing something wrong as I have seen a few people with a similar issue as myself .

Thank you very much

The dropdown should be to the left of the one you list and say “VERSION” above it.

Imgur

Do you have active gametime?

Have you restarted you machine?

Have you turned off all AV and firewall software?

Hi Dottie

To answer your questions :

Do you have active gametime?
Yes i have an active one month subscription recurring

Have you restarted you machine?
Yes I have restarted my machine multiple times thinking this may be the cause

Have you turned off all AV and firewall software?
I have yet to try turn off Anti - Virus software ,I will give this one a try.

You need to make sure you firewall is allowing the update program to access the internet. I think it’s called the Blizzard update agent, very imaginative.

1 Like

Hi Dottie

Thank you for the help , checked my firewall settings and for some reason it had a block on the battle net application. After unblocking I restarted my computer and have found the new little drop down stating version. You my super hero and I owe you a cupcake .

Thanks again man <3

Don’t forget 20:00 CEST tonight, All welcome beta test for the EU.

Public holiday where I live tomorrow so definitely going to be on the entire time and make the most of it , I cannot wait for launch and it’s going to be one amazing journey for new and old players.

Hello Guys,

I have the exact same issue [Mïntberry] had. But i can’t find any problem with my firewall. How exactly did you fix that? :slight_smile:

The firewall has inbound and outbound rules, it would probably be in them. You should be able to search the rules. I don’t think you can search the windows firewall though, just look through the big lists.

Yes I looked through that but as far as i can tell everything looks good in there. No blocks or anything. But i still cant download Classic.

Do you have the option for classic under version?

no that’s the problem, I can’t select classic anywhere. I don’t have it in the menu.

And you’ve tried all the steps listed like a reinstall of the app after removal and a restart?

Are you on a home or business internet connection? Some businesses block gaming ports.

2 Likes

I can’t see more than the account/region.
Have checked my firewall, have restartet my pc and have reinstalled the app, nothing worked.