Can't learn pet battles skill, help, please?

Hello! I’m new to the EU servers, although I have played in US servers for a few years on and off. I haven’t played a lot since WoD, but now I’m playing with my gf. She’s totally new to the game, and we both started with Starter Editions about 10 days ago, which we upgraded (subscribed) on day 2 (so by now all restrictions should be gone).

I’m so excited to show her everything she can do in WoW, and she’s so excited to learn about all this, but she can’t seem to be able to learn the skill. In my account I was able to, we went to the trainer in SW and I was able to get the skill but she couldn’t. I went over all the points in this guide Pet Battles and You - A Trainer’s Manual, and she has everything listed there, except purchasing the skill, which is what the question is about.

Does anyone have any idea what we can try? Thank you so much, and sorry for the long explanation. Just wanted to emphasize why I’m asking this. :slight_smile:

OK, all we can do is take it step by step.

Your character is 75, so obviously your Starter restrictions are gone. Is she well over level 20 also?

She is playing on a separate WoW account, I assume? Are you both playing on different Battle.net accounts as well?

What is the name of her character?

When she clicks on Audrey Burnhep to talk, exactly what response does she get?

I am so sorry, we figured it out. It turns out that the filter had ¨Unavailable¨ selected and so she couldn’t see it. We feel so stupid, but thank you for taking the time to answer!

No problem! I do hope you and she enjoy pet battles.

There’s a very friendly pet Discord at https://discord.gg/967Vu7G if either of you you want advice or company!

sad blue cat noises

1 Like

I’m sorry, Shenkl I just noticed your reply.

You’re right, of course. Xu-Fu’s Discord is also lovely and friendly: https://discord.gg/z4dxYUq

I just didn’t think of it in the context of a chatty server for beginners. If they were asking about optimising the numbers on a recent Family achievement, it would have been the first one I thought of. Maybe it’s just the way I started in both Discords, but I’ve always seen Xu-Fu’s as more focused.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.