Can't load into Dungeons

So yesterday, everything was working perfectly fine. Today I attempt to enter both random Heroic Dungeons and specific dungeons(for the World Quests) and I am unable to do so. The queue pops, I click accept, it brings up a loading screen and that is when the problems start.

Either the progress bar remains empty, and does not fill, or it fills to full but I never actually load into the dungeon. After four or five minutes sitting on the loading screen the game kicks me to the login page with a standard connection lost message. When I load back into the game I am sitting exactly where I was before, my character has not been ported to the dungeon. I am however still in the dungeon group(on the occasions when the group hasn’t already kicked me), but when I attempt to teleport to the dungeon, I get exactly the same loading screen freeze again.

I have tried disabling all addons, even removed my WTF folder and tried again. It still occured. I can travel between cities and zones without issue, those loading screens work perfectly fine and the game otherwise plays without issue. It seems to simply be I cannot load into the instance server.

9 Likes

Same is happening to me on my alt.

I try to get into a dungeon, loading screen appears and then the loading bar just doesn’t start.

After a while of nothing happening, i Alt+F4, try to get in again, the loading bar goes to like 70%, and i still can’t get in. Then it starts giving me the “A character with that name already exists.”

4 Likes

have same issue

Same issue here. I was stuck twice while trying Island Expeditions.

Same here can’t load the charachter anymore.

I have the same here. I have had it for a couple of days now. Cant log in the char for 10/30 min, getting kicked out after long que’s.
Its really annoying.
Dont uses a lot of addons atm but still have this problem.

Have this problem right now but with battlegrounds.

same problem here, EU-Twisting Nether. sometimes if we leave group and go into the instance one by one its fine, sometimes our friend from kazzak is leader and we can’t enter if he has lead! and sometimes the area which Tol Dagor is located in there is a complete stuck zone… please help.

Same - and I cannot get away from that loading screen. Been there for 10 minutes. Logging back in and the game loads - and then loads again and gets stuck.

Since the original post I have continued to have the same issue. But it has been a little sporadic. Some times I will be able to load into dungeons normally but other times I will be stuck in an endless loading screen cycle.

For me personally it seems confined to instance servers(I tested battlegrounds during a time this was happening and had exactly the same loading screen issue there). I can still move between continents, teleport to cities and zones etc with loading functioning normally. As yet I have thankfully not gotten stuck and been unable to load the character, I can always login and it is still sitting exactly where it was when I queued.

1 Like

I face the same problem now. I couldn’t go out from the dungeon. When I pass through the portal, loading page doesn’t progress the loading then d/c…

1 Like

It’s still happening here too.
Do we have any information if this is being looked into? Some people have had this happen for days even.

Same here, i’m using iMac.

I actually cant even log on my main character since She is inside of Mechagon :frowning:

I’m getting the exact same issue all day, not sure if it’s because I’m on the mechagon island?

Same issue here. Reinstalled btnet, reinstalled wow, moved to another ISP, moved to another country(!!!), disabled all addons, restarted UI, tried 10 different country’s vpns, wm on off, different characters,…
Nothing helps :slight_smile: Not even making a ticket about it…

same here
Same is happening to me on my alt.

I try to get into a dungeon, loading screen appears and then the loading bar just doesn’t start

Please do not bump a year old thread.