Cant login

I’m going to open a ticket and argue with the GM for 3 hours until they give in and refund me those 5.7 cents. I can’t afford to simply lose such horrendously high amounts of money, I’m just a common man. I’m also going to hire an attorney and fight the clause in Blizzards ToS that says “no refunds in case of service interruptions”. Enough is enough.

2 Likes

For now it looks to me they had a DDoS attack, twitted about it, f***ed up trying to resolve it and now ignoring the problem. I’m sitting here trying to connect for 3 hrs, submitting tickets and stuff, and they didn’t even reply here that they are at least AWARE of this problem. What the duck, Blizzard?

I’m also having a login issue since last night and it’s still stuck on, [Logging in to game server]. It’s not my client, I erased everything there. WoW, Battlenet Launcher, Addons.

Went to sleep as I gave up. Woke up and tried again, and still stuck.
Some of us took days off to celebrate the classic return, why ruin this for us ? just tell us what is going on. Please!

Looks like the DDOS attacks came from the UK so Blizzard has disabled the UK from accessing their game.
Time to play POE I suppose.

I’m from the Netherlands, though perhaps my connection goes to a uk data center? Alas, I haven’t been able to get passed “Logging in to game server”

I’m also sadly not able to login, disconnected before I even hit character selection.

I noticed a huge drop in players on every realm and I could connect back, so I think on my end the issue is solved. [edit] Although, I tried this on a different computer.

Hopefully it’s solved for everyone and to Blizzard, consider adding the amount of time lost for people who are affected by this. It’s the right thing to do here, you’ll have a better look for it and it should cost nothing on your end, because this shouldn’t have happened to begin with.

I am not convinced the issue is Blizzard only. Just tried to log in from another computer (gf’s laptop, fresh install), and it seems to work. I have no idea why I have this issue with the main gaming computer.

I’ll try it again at home, where I checked was from my work computer, but if it’s not that, then What is it then? I reinstalled literally everything Blizzard related, from Battlenet all the way to WoW’s client, what the hell did I miss, do I have to mess around with leftover files, leftovers that shouldn’t even be there after uninstalling everything?

[Update]
Like others have said, this issue might be affecting only Linux, maybe Mac too. My home computer runs on Manjaro.

[Update 2]
Nevermind. guess it’s not working again.

Well, eh… It’s kinda like that if the issue affects only you, well, then it’s you. But if it’s lots of people that are affected, then it’s Blizzard. It usually isn’t a coincidence that many people encounter the exact same problem at the same time.

Btw, switching to IPv6 being a working solution for some people sounds a bit like this might be an anti-DDoS feature that maybe went a bit wrong. Sadly, I don’t have IPv6, and none of the usual tricks worked for myself. :frowning:

1 Like

Adding my tiny voice to this:
I can’t get in either, stuck at “Logging in to game server”, both on Classic and BfA, both using my sub account and a starter account. Deleting Cache and WTF did nothing (not going to delete my addon folder, as this clearly has nothing to do with it), nor did enabling IPv6 (which my ISP doesn’t provide anyway).

I’m in Germany, so nothing about the UK in my case.

I am from Bulgaria and have same login issues. On mobile or PC. On mobile just show me screen to select character and then I select my 120 toon and then get same screen to select character.

I try this on my home internet, on my mobile internet and my work internet, they are 3 different providers.

Also happening to me. haven’t been able to log in since about 6 o clock GMT+0

Same here was able to log in yesterday morning .But since last night am getting to connecting to servers and then it disconnects me also unable to access the mobile app for checking my class missions etc.
Its only since about 19.00 gmt when I tried to relog into game I,m in Republic Of Ireland and my broadband provider is Vodafone.

Wow classic:
When I login i get the realm list bug keep getting stuck on "logging into server " when I press the realm. I have this issue since this morning was able to play yesterday. Any ideas how to work around this issue?

Hello Blizzard. It’s time you give us some answers or pay me back for the days i have lost. Been 2 days now and i still cannot login. “you have been disconnected. (WOW51900328)” it says all the time… help us now or give me my money back.

WOW51900328 constantly. Was able to log in for 1 hour last night before it kicked me out.
Is this only affecting linux users?

From what I’ve gathered, the people who’ve had problems connection today/yesterday:

• Linux users, possibly all of them
  • Users who have certain kind of connection or certain ISP, regardless of OS

In the first case switching to IPv6 may help (if that’s an option), and in the second case, switching connection. Even using a VPN has apparently worked, but there might be something else explaining that behaviour too, so dunno.

Looks like it is a Linux issue indeed.
My issue is the same as mentionned, cannot go past the realm selection.
Here is what I tried:

• Logging and playing works on wife computer (W10) with both wife and my account.
  • Logging is stuck if using Linux/Wine (using Lutris).