Can't refer a friend

Thank god you guys are on top of the Refer-A-Friend issue, makes me feel better that your servers are a complete joke and you’ve got hundreds, maybe thousands, of people who cant log in, good to know where the priorities lie.

2nd day and still not fixed. hope not too long before my friend looses all interest

6 Likes

3rd day for me

7 Likes

If we would start playing now with friend, would the benefits be applied retrospectively after the fix?

8 Likes

From info I’ve received from GM - if your refered friend adds gametime - you will not be able to get RaF bonuses :frowning: Have the same situation - waiting for 3 days now

4 Likes

This is just wrong. Fixing THIS should be your top priority Blizzard. You’re huge corporation after all. I know that you don’t care about your products quality and server capacity anymore, but at least act like a greedy company you became lately and let us get you new paying customers.

1 Like

Thanks for your response.

Someone posted in this thread that a GM said that if our friends add game time, they are no longer eligible for RaF.

However, in view of this unexpected error, surely it is unreasonable for Blizzard to expect that our friends hang around for days waiting to play a game they just bought!

Please make an exception to that stupid rule - which is not even stated on the RaF webpage (https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/46861) .

And if that GM made an error in interpretation, s/he clearly needs better training and/or spectacles/sleep.

1 Like

My friend has the same problem. I even asked him to install the game in the morning in the hope everything would work better then, but no luck with the RAF-link.

4 Likes

I’ve been checking the article regularly and it always get updated every few hours

But we cannot see any real update in the article itself

Is Blizzard lying on the update time to make us think the information is new?

1 Like

Unfortunately I don’t have high hopes of being this fixed on the friday afternoon

My recruited friend asked via ticket if there was any problem in adding gametime. Blizzard answered that the key element was WHEN the account was created. As far as the account was created less than 7 days ago, having purchased gametime or not, it should be elegible for the RAF requirements (as stated in the official RAF webpage: “Recruits with new accounts must have a WoW account no older than seven days.”, it says nothing about adding gametime in those 7 days or not).

In any case, today is the third day. My friend already reached lv 20, so if he wants to keep playing he has to buy gametime. I hope Blizzard will solve this soon, or at least will be more permissive with the diffenrent situations we are suffering while the RAF system is down.

3 Likes

For me the problem is that I don’t have a fresh acc but a one with 2 years from last game-time. So if I add gametime - it is over for me :frowning:

3 Likes

If I play with my friend and he uses the starter edition can I still recruite him later?(when they will fix the RAF service)

1 Like

You should, if your friend’s wow account has less than 7 days.

But remember - if it won’t be fixed in 7 days after he creates his account - he prolly will need to create another one to be eligble for RaF

2 Likes

Can confirm same problem here - really frustrating

3 Likes

Honestly my friends wanted to try and start the new leveling, but they have been waiting to buy in game time for 2 days now because of this error. The RaF limitations should be lifted while they are sorting this out.

4 Likes

Any update on this issue?

2 Likes

Hello Blizzard… Can we please get an update on this?
Also, I have this Blizzard account from a long time ago but have never played retail… am I eligible for recruit a friend? Because my friend is in the game and I am waiting for this issue to get fixed… Need some info, please.

2 Likes

I have the same problem.

2 Likes